Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for anyone that can help me. I am interested in getting an Olight Baldr mini for my xd subcompact but people have reviewed it and said it does not fit. Had anyone had any luck with them? There is a video I saw that shows an XD subcompact fitting perfectly with an Olight PL mini 2. Looking at both products they look similar and one would think the Baldr mini would fit. Thanks anyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question for anyone that can help me. I am interested in getting an Olight Baldr mini for my xd subcompact but people have reviewed it and said it does not fit. Had anyone had any luck with them? There is a video I saw that shows an XD subcompact fitting perfectly with an Olight PL mini 2. Looking at both products they look similar and one would think the Baldr mini would fit. Thanks anyone.
It can be made to fit very efficiently actually. I didnt know the gl rail was too thin to keep it from moving during recoil, and i mean it basically throws the baldr off the gun with the gl rail. So i looked at the 1913 rail and it was too thick. So after a few mins, i decided i hadnt wasted my.money on the light being as its probably the best one of its class anyhow, i took a flat sided small copper file, and slowly filed the rail back toward the tigger guard. Id say less than 5 mins later after 1 or two test fits and a bit of touch up filing, i had it fits perfect. Thightened down the release latch screw, and walla, it doesnt move nor.lose zero, and the light laser system sits parrellel to the bore axis. Heres a few.pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It can be made to fit very efficiently actually. I didnt know the gl rail was too thin to keep it from moving during recoil, and i mean it basically throws the baldr off the gun with the gl rail. So i looked at the 1913 rail and it was too thick. So after a few mins, i decided i hadnt wasted my.money on the light being as its probably the best one of its class anyhow, i took a flat sided small copper file, and slowly filed the rail back toward the tigger guard. Id say less than 5 mins later after 1 or two test fits and a bit of touch up filing, i had it fits perfect. Thightened down the release latch screw, and walla, it doesnt move nor.lose zero, and the light laser system sits parrellel to the bore axis. Heres a few.pics

That looks amazing! Thank you for your reply and the pictures really hit it home. I buy one and try this out. Shame to have to have to file my weapon but this light really is perfect for what I am looking for. Bi tone looks great would have got that if it was available when I was buying mine. Thanks again you have been a great help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there anyway you could show me a video of what you did or the file job without the olight on? I just got the olight baker mini and have the Springfield xd9 subcompact and running into this same problem. Thank you

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the Olight on my XD 45 and love the Hell out of it.
Haven't tried it on my XDs 9 mm though.
I wish it was a little smaller as I have large hands and on the sub, it looks like it would interfere with my trigger finger movement.
Having tried / installed a number of aiming mods for my semi auto, I think the most all around practical would be good iron night sites w/ an Olight laser / flashlight combo as small as possible in size.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts