Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the newer sub compacts have the stress reliever drill points or is that just on the 4" and 5"?

If so any one have problems with cracking on their sub?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I bought my XD-40 SC in July. It does not have the stress relief points. 1000+ through mine with no problems so far.
From what I have read on here the Service and Tac seem to have the problems more...but maybe someone will speak up and say they have a Sub that has a cracked LB.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought one just recently with the casing dating to Feb 2005 and it does NOT have any stress point drill holes but my Tactical does. Im just curious.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess no one with a sub compact has had any cracking. Good news I guess.

Does anyone here have the drill points in the sub compact block or do they just not feel the need to address this issue on the sub compact due to know reports of cracking from this particular model?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the 9mm subcompact and am starting to notice wear on the stop block. I've got between 4 and 5 thousands rounds through it so far. I haven't spotted any cracks yet, but looks like it's just a matter of time. I don't have the relief cuts in mine either. Just thought I'd let you know...

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I have XD40 SC. Could you ellaborate on what you are talking about. I havent ever even heard of the issue which you are referring to. Where is the stop block and where are the relief cuts on the 4 and 5 inch models? Sorry for my apparent ignorance but I want to learn...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Parrishco said:
I have XD40 SC. Could you ellaborate on what you are talking about. I havent ever even heard of the issue which you are referring to. Where is the stop block and where are the relief cuts on the 4 and 5 inch models? Sorry for my apparent ignorance but I want to learn...

That above. The newer tacticals have drilled lock blocks to relieve stress, mine was manufactured 06/2005.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
The sub block is allot different then the service and tac mine shows wear but no crack.
Be sure to check your recoil assembly regularly grab both ends and twist mine was unscrewing So I backed it out four turn forced the spring back and lock tited it.Ordering a couple spares today.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
R/T Performance said:
The sub block is allot different then the service and tac mine shows wear but no crack.
Be sure to check your recoil assembly regularly grab both ends and twist mine was unscrewing So I backed it out four turn forced the spring back and lock tited it.Ordering a couple spares today.
Are you talking about the recoil spring on the SC's?
You say "grab both ends and twist" What SHOULD it do? Should it not move at all or what?

·
Registered
166 Posts
My Tactical has the drilled lock block, but I don't know when it was manufactured. I bought it new from my local gun store at the end of August, so it was probably manufactured pretty recently.

How can you tell when it was manufactured?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
R/T Performance said:
Yes one end is welded and the other is threaded.
Lefty loosy righty tighty.
If it twist time to locktite or replace :shock:
If it twist at all bad :evil:
Sonofab tch! Now I know the one in my 9 is bad and I need to go check the .40. I notice while cleaning it that the 9mm had some play in it but I THOUGHT it was normal. This pistol only has a bit over 1000 rounds through it. WTF!?

Thanks for the heads up!
Focker out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts