Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one here carry a Sub in a IWB holster? If so how do you like it? What holster do you use? Does the Sub conceal well without printing? Does the addition of an extended mag or grip make it harder to conceal?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I have a sub in a Comptac CTAC with a peirce grip extension. How much it prints completely depends on your build and moreso, your wardrobe. I always wear untucked t-shirts. The really thin t-shirts print a little when sitting. I've grown used to a certain amount of printing with the thought that 99% of the people I see aren't even looking. For the 1% that might be looking, printing isn't my problem, its the fact that I'm pretty thin and my waist tends to look a tad lopsided when I'm carrying. Even if the gun wasn't printing at all, I'm sure it would be pretty obvious if you were to look at me from behind.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I carry my Bi-Tone XD Sub-9 in a FIST IWB, tuckable "ultra-thin" kydex holster, and love it. With the FIST, It's thinner than my GLOCK 26 in a Don Hume Leather IWB, plus the tuckable is nice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I carry my XD9SC in a Kramer IWB#3, it is comfortable and has very little printing, but i do dress around the weapon. I make sure I'm wearing a 'hawaiian' or other similar style shirt untucked, or an oversize tshirt. The only position it tends to print is if I'm leaning forward while sitting, such as against a counter.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
My Subby rides very well in a Fist leather IWB holster and is very comfortable. Anytime you shove something in your pants, your going to have a bulge. I wear my pants 1 size bigger and can cover with a T-Shirt.
I carried in a local mall during the county crime prvention week and its a no carry establishment. Well they must have had over 50 cops inside passing out pamplets. They never made me and I only had on a T-shirt.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Plus 1 for the www.comp-tac.com ctac good retention and small print even in shorts and tucked in t-shirt.I recently also got a tucker answer and found it less comfortable. :shock: No you wont want to carry with full size mag with sleeves but the pierce extensions are slanted and good for concealment and add a place for the pinky :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well I dont have a sub compact, but I do conceal my service side very well with an IWB. I also vote for a comp-tac. it is what I use and I love it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use a Milt Sparks VM-2 to conceal my Tactical, it is the most comfortable IWB I have ever used. I got mine from LightningArms.com so I wouldn't have to wait the 8 to 14 weeks Milt Sparks said it would take to ship. I did pay more getting it from Lightning Arms, but it was worth it to me.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
I carry mine in a DeSantis Tuck-this IWB. Comfort is good for a IWB - but I do like the colder weather concealment better. The DeSantis also has a spot for a spare magazine, which I modified by sewing an elastic piece with velcro over it. One time the magazine worked its way and slid down my pants leg and out over my shoe. That sucked!

With respect to concealment, it works well and, in my opinion, the extended mag doesn't affect the concealment.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the grip extension and it doesn't stick out on me whatsover. I have the Bulman leather IWB holster and its absolutely fantastic. I like it better than my vm2/sig 239 rig. Its perfect for me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Unlike some other guns, the xd sub is small but wide. So it can present some 'printing' with certain people..

I carry mine in a VM2 and I do not know I have it at the end of the day..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another +1 for the Comp-Tac CTAC holster - my XD9 SC with Pearce grips only prints if I bend over wrong - I wear it just about 3 o'clock. Mon - Fri I'm wearing untucked dress shirts at work, weekends/evenings, I can usually get by fine with shorts and t-shirt - haven't tried tucking anything in over it, but supposedly you can

1 - 13 of 13 Posts