Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my choices for mounting a weapon light on my wife's XD Sub Compact 9?

Is the XML th only choice and does it work well and why can I not find it as a listed item on SA's website? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's the only choice that I have ever seen unless you want just a laser without the light. Springfield doesn't make the light so you probably have to find it elsewhere. It's funny that you can find a clock on their website but not a popular attachment. This site may/may not help.

XDPistols.com: XD Pistols: Lasers

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Got an X2L for my Beretta PX4sc and it's a slick little device.

The light isn't as bright as the larger units that Insight makes, but it's surprisingly adequate. You can focus the beam to get it where you want it too, and while not 'blinding' the little light is really hard to stare at.

Has a few modes: momentary on, steady on, light only. You can't do 'laser only' which kind of bummed me out, but it's pretty easy to take out the bulb and the unit will still work with laser only. Plan on using it like that for range work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone every used this product, and do you think it would fit the sub-compact?
I couldn't find any info on the Lasermax site about compatibility. I like the Insight XL2, but I don't like not having the option to turn the light off without removing the bulb. So I'm checking to see if the LMS-UNI fits, and then getting a Streamlight TLR-1 to ride beneath. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts