Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a XD Sub Compact and like it a lot. How does the Tactical version shoot as compared to the Sub Compact? Is there a big difference in accuracy or how they feel when shot?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have had a 40sc and a 45 tactical, so take this with a grain of salt.
The tactical shoots wonderfully with very little recoil, basically a nice light push. I've heard it compared to catching a lightly tossed baseball bare handed, and agree.
the sc on the other hand can be a handful, the muzzle flip is the only thing that makes it unpleasant, but you definitely know when you're shooting.
I know there is a rather large differnec ein the ballistics and performance of the 2 rounds, but the weight of the tactical seems to make a large difference

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Apples and Oranges...BUT:

The Tactical has a lighter "perceived" recoil and is therefore a smoother shooter; for most people (if not all) the Tactical will be more accurate due to the lower perceived recoil, as well as the greater size and weight of the pistol. Ballistically, there is not a huge difference between the 5" barrel of the Tactical and the shorter 3" barrel of the sc. However, the Tactical will give you an edge in velocity and terminal ballistics (and as before...accuracy) when compared to the sc. For people like me with larger hands, the tactical just feels better all the way around when compared to the sc which personally, I have a difficult time shooting given its small grip size unless I use the x-grip and full-size mags.

The obvious edge that the sc has over the Tactical is its size, low weight and ease of carrying concealed.

It all comes down to what you want the pistol for...concealed carry or competition/target shooting.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Just thought I would re-activate a very dead thread. Nothing really to add. I own both an XD40sc and an XD45 Tactical. Both are outstanding guns IMHO of course. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
image.jpg

·
Registered
467 Posts
You know I do believe he will forgive me and spare the kitten. Hopefully he will take out a terrorist instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts