Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i have been reading the web site for a few months, and decided it was time to join and try to contribute.

i have been wanting a s.c. 40 for over a year (since i held a s.c. at the pgh nra show in 04), i haven't had the money till around last month. so i have been calling around and checking avail. and prices.
and no one has a s.c. .40 in stock, and i am told to expect an atleast 6 month wait if they can locate one.
is the case everywhere or only around pittsburgh?
i guess if i have to wait that long i will get a 9mm. but i really want the .40
also i have checked a few auction sites and didn't see a s.c.40 on any of them either. i understan the s.c. .40 is newer but i can't see why there would be such a wait?

i have my PA. ccw, and have been carring my older s&w 1911 9mm.
but it weighs a ton and i really want the s.a. xd s.c. .40..
thanks in advance

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here in NC the 40 subcompact isn't that hard to find. Good luck with your search and welcome to the board! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Over a year here in MI... at least to get a good price through a dealer friend.

So I've decided to change the order to a bi-tone SC as I've waited so long.

The XD had better be worth the wait!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Over a year here in MI... at least to get a good price through a dealer friend.

So I've decided to change the order to a bi-tone SC as I've waited so long.

The XD had better be worth the wait!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow over a year wait! i thought mine was bad!
i hate waiting!
why are they so hard to get? is it the demand? or are they just not making that many? anyone know? and is it like this everywhere?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a SCXD40 at the beginning of January. $429 at Tall Tales in Russell, PA, about three hours north of you. I was just over there on Sunday and they have several SCXD40s. Finally shot it this weekend and it does not dissappoint!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I just ordered the Stainless SCXD40. I do not see it on their site yet though, Part# is XD9822. Will hear about availability later on today. The dealer I go thru usually gets what I want. He was able to find an OD Tac. XD40 a few months ago when I couldn't find one anywhere.

BTW, my props to the owner of this site. Got wind of it from MKII.org. Very nice site here. And to think I thought there weren't too many XD lovers out there..... :roll:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picked up an xdsc bi-tone 40 from Firearms Unlilmited in Bridgeville a month ago. At that time they still had one left.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Just heard from my delaer. My XD9822 will be here tomorrow!!!! :D

He had to call three places before he found one!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another Michi-Gun XDSC sighting. :D I was at Cabella's in Dundee today and they had a black XDSC .40 cal. I believe the price was $429, but I looked at a lot of guns so there are a lot of prices floating around in my head.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just picked up my OD XD40 SC from Firearms Unlimited in Bridgeville three weeks ago. I was having the same problem as you are locating one. They were the only ones around that had them in stock and he had the Bi-Tone, OD and Black. There were atleast three left after I purchased mine. Good Luck.
I have been lurking a while and am glad to finally be on the site. Thanks to all for the info provided you helped me make my mind up and I now own my first semi-auto. Put a 100 rounds of WWB thru it this past weekend and had a blast. Looks like I am going to be checking into bulk ammo purchases very soon..............

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
sageguy said:
Picked up an xdsc bi-tone 40 from Firearms Unlilmited in Bridgeville a month ago. At that time they still had one left.
funny. That gun isnt listed available by SA on their website... PICS?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts