Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a XD-9 SC for my wife to use (and for me to use when she isn't looking). Since it is her first pistol I wanted to make range time enjoyable for her. I figured a speed loader would work well for her. Do they make a speed loader for the XD-9 SC and if so where can I get one? Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
pmfinnegan2 said:
I bought a XD-9 SC for my wife to use (and for me to use when she isn't looking). Since it is her first pistol I wanted to make range time enjoyable for her. I figured a speed loader would work well for her. Do they make a speed loader for the XD-9 SC and if so where can I get one? Thanks!
Interested as well. Saw this....
...on AJames' site HEREhttp://www.xd-hs2000.com/magazines.html

This is what it says...
The Boone Packer Ergo Magazine Loader
This sleeve style magazine loader is a must for those new XD magazines.
This magloader not only fits any XD magazines but also works with most
9mm, 357sig and 40 double stack magazines including Glock, Sig and
Berretta. The simple design with no moving parts to break means this
mag loader will give you years of rugid and dependable use.

What gives? Can this be used on the Sub mags? Looks like a sub mag in the pic to me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got the HKS loaders 940, and 941. They both work for loading the xd's. One works better, but I can't remember which right now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
FWIW, carry a small assortment of mag loaders in a large "do-it-all" range bag while use a "Stage" bag for Matches and specific range use.

The two have found most useful are the large sz. "Versa-Loader" sold by Wilson Combat and the one pictured in Blkhawk's post made by Safariland.

Versa has finger-wings and is somewhat sloppy in fit on XD mags but easily usable.
Safariland’s "ML-1" is designed for Beretta mags so fits like a glove, and is the most compact yet built like a tank.

Of no real value but both are faster in use than the bulky thumb-lever style once proficient.

·
Registered
196 Posts
RicochetJim said:
I use this Glock magazine loader for both my XD-9 and XD-40. Works fine for me -- at a cost of about $3.

I think the main question is, what speed loaders work on the SUB COMPACT mags? Will this Glock one work on those?

I know there are a ton of loaders that will fit the full size mags - it's tha little ones that seems to be a PITA for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yep, I have an XD-9 Subby and it works fine. As you know, the size of the sub mags is exactly the same as the full size -- only difference is length. This loader is not so long as to cause problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts