Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range today with my XD 40 and i was shooting WWB and i noticed something strange happening. Almost every time i shot through the magazine, the slide would slam shut again and not stay in the locked open position. I would then have to swap magazines and rack a round to be able to fire again. It did this 10 out of 12 times, what is happening here??

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Odds are your thumb or finger is depressing the slide lock and keeping the the slide from locking open. Even slight presure is enough to keep the slide from locking. Adjust grip or better yet have someone else fire your pistol and see if it happens to them.

Good luck, shoot safe.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
yup, what he said

·
Registered
4 Posts
had the same thing happen to me when I first started shooting my x-d I was holding my thumb to high catching the slide release.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Simple no?

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I'd guess the same as suggested. I had to use my left thumb to hold by right thumb in place, otherwise it was all over the place no matter how I tried to keep it in the indent.

·
Registered
105 Posts
In the 40cal it can also be caused by the bullets hitting the slide stop on the way up the magazine. Easiest way to check is to remove the top end and insert a loaded magazine. Do the bullets touch the slide stop?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Gary G23 said:
In the 40cal it can also be caused by the bullets hitting the slide stop on the way up the magazine. Easiest way to check is to remove the top end and insert a loaded magazine. Do the bullets touch the slide stop?
That is premature lock open :?
Add piece off skate tape to thumb rest makes a huge inprovment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts