Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you heard about the XD Skills Match?
It's at Raahauges Shooting Park, NorCo, Ca.
It is going to be a cool 5 stage all reactive steel match where all the firearms (XD) and ammo (PMC) are provided.
Being given away are 10 XD's in 4" and 5" firearms including the yet to be released V10 by random drawing.
The match winner will also receive a firearm which makes 11!
When you ask? That would be on Oct 12th and 13th.For additional information e-mail [email protected] and please include contact information so we can mail you all the details.
In addition, for the not faint of heart there will be a night side match on Oct 12th. It will be 3 stages.For all you XD owners out there, there is even a class just for you.

·
Banned
650 Posts
So who exactly is sponsoring this "match"
It seems a little odd that this would be your first post. Free guns eh. Just give you our address?
Why don't you give us yours. :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Xd'ers:

My name is Ron Jung (aka Mr. Twisted), I'm the CEO/Founder of the Shooting Sports Alliance out of Raahauges Shooting Park in Norco, CA. I've been running professional shooting programs for 16 years now. I've hosted the last two largest GSSf matches in California. I've run or assisted in the production of the last 3 California Police Olympics, Action Event in So. Calif. I have put on programs for Springfield Armory, Glock, Para-Ordnance, Smith & Wesson, & Beretta. Our organization has taken part in the Raahauges sports fair for the last 5 years; 2002 having 12,000+ shooters attending.

I'm brand new to the internet and so far it leaves me luke warm. The reason we only put the basic match information up is because the full match booklet is 24 pages long and we did not thing it was appropriate to put the entire booklet here. The idea is for the people who are interested to request the complete info and we can then send it out.

The major sponsors of the match are Springfield Armory, PMC, Insight Technology, Blackwater Targetry, Turners Outdoorsman, and soon to be Safariland. I guess this should cover it for now.

[ June 30, 2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Mr Twisted ]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mr Twisted, Welcome to the forum.I saw the flyer at Turner's by the way. I have one question, since the HS2000 is identical to the XD and the HS is warrantied by springfield can I shoot my HS2000 at the match instead of borrowing a XD to shoot? You know how it is, I'd prefer to shoot the pistol that I shoot all the time. Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An Orange is an orange even if you call it a tangergine - so let's have fun! Of course you can. It's going to be a great match!! We look forward to having you participate. Send in the application you got at Turner's or if you didn't pick one up - email or fax us your address and we will send you via U.S. snail mail a match application & competitor packet including course descriptions etc.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Hey Mr Twisted,
Welcome!
Sounds like your match will be a great event!
You may even be able to bring some of these guy's together for the first time. I would say that some of these guy's may even go just for that.
I won't be able to attend but I would like to say thanks on behalf of everyone here. (Would love a shot at that V10 myself!) Ha Ha!

P.S. I told ya that if you gave a little more info you'd hear more responses! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm Bryan Whited the Assistant Match Director for the XD Skills Match and I would love to see everyone from hs2000talk shoot the match.
Not sure about what but I am sure if we have a good turnout from this board we would do something special for you.
How about it Mr Twisted?

A little about me.
I shoot all over the Western US and sometimes even further east. I am from the So Cal Area with Raahauges Shooting Enterprises, aka NorCo and Prado Olympic Shooting Park being my home ranges. I have shot in many different disiplines including but not limited to SASS (Cowboy), IPSC, IDPA, Steel Challenge, Steel Madness, American Handgunner, GSSF, PPC and Bullseye.
Might have shot with some of you before and hope to see you out at the range soon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
See and judge for yourself, stage plans for the XD skills match are up on the web at www.sportshooter.com located in the So cal section. The Springfield XD match will be one for the record books

[ July 13, 2002, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dear Mr. Twisted,
This match sound like a lot of fun. I do have a stupid question, where roughly is your range located and what is the closest city for accomodations? Thanks...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dear Pocack
The raahauge range is about 20 mins.north east of Disneyland just about where the 91 and 71 fwys cross. To get a online web map go to www.raahauges.com or I'll send you one with a XD match application via snail mail send us your contact info. We just got a app. from Calgery Canada. The XD SKILLS CHALLANGE match is picking momentum daily. Just being added; each contestant will recieve a key for a chance to drive off a brand new $50,000 HUMMER to be awarded as a part of are next years Sports Fair. More details to come. There's lots of rooms within 10 mins of the range. ;)

[ July 20, 2002, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Ron,
thanks for the info. Yeah I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area. There are some nice ranges up here. Oh yeah, will the new XD40 5in be considered tactical class? I have a yen to pick one up to supplement my XD9.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dear Pocock
Good to hear from you, I've shot a number of times at the Richmond rod and gun club as well as some of the indoor ranges in milpitas and santa clara. Are you and some of your shooten buddies planning to come down for the biggggg match, we're getting a lot of interest from upper Kalie. I can guarantee you'll have a great time in lower kali as well as shooting a great match. Drive on down, its about 7 hours and you can pitch a tent at the range if coin is a problem and if match fees are a problem,I still need some good range officers. I and Springfield just want everyone to have a killer time at this 1 st ever match. The 5" XDs still have not passed Calif DOJ but Springfield swears it will be any day now, DOJ just passed 31 other SA 45 guns for sale. Have you visited the www.sportshooter.com site yet? Check out under So Cal you'll see the XD match there. ;)

[ July 22, 2002, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Ron,
Do you have a postable fliers available? I would be happy to post them at Chabot Gun Club and San Leandro Rife and Pistol Range. There are other gun ranges in the SF Bay area and Silicon Valley that would be excellent publicity.Also, as you note Richmond range has an active IDPA chapter.Thanks for the information about the California DOJ situation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Ron

Just mailed app. for xd skills match. Looking forward to a great time. So.Cal get ready for Dangerous Dave, John Big Gun and Two Ton Tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
A very hearty XD welcome to you guys. The match is picking up momentum daily. What day do you think you'll be down here I've got a lot of things to plan for to keep you crazy northerners bizzzy. Are your buddys XD owners are they shooting the match guns
PARTY PARTY PARTY. Twisted out :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ron

Looks like we will be rolling in friday afternoon.
John and Tom have not fired an xd. I have about 200 rds thru my xd40. Looking forward to trying the other versons of the xd. The ported xd looks great.

Dave

·
Registered
63 Posts
Perfect, the gun writers will still be out there for their program and you'll see all of the new guns and stuff before the general public. Get down as early as you can. To practice bring 9mm, 40 S&W, and some 357 sig. I can't let you shoot the course, "no fair practicing", shooters whine, you know, but I can give you a berm and targets to practice with. Dave;you Tom and John can shoot as three man team ;just for fun no real pressure just to push each other to do your best for the team you know!!!!
:p

[ July 27, 2002, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
COOL DEAL,

Jamescal is back in town to stay. I should be there. I did my Year on the road chris crossing the great Country in an 18 wheeler. Time to go shooting!!!!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts