Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me (before I spend the money) if a set of Dawson Perfect Impact adjustable sights (for an XD) will fit on my Sig Pro 2340??? I contacted Dawson about this and they want me to send my slide in so they can check for themselves. Id rather not send it off if I dont have to. I was hoping there would be enough combined knowledge on this forum to answer this for me. I know the XD and CERTAIN Sig sights are interchangable, just not sure which ones.

The reason am asking is because they dont make Dawsons specificaly for my Sig.

Thanks in advance...
Todd

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm glad you asked that question because I thought all Sig sights were the same. I was going to put a Sig front sight on my XD Service to adjust the POA/POI so now I guess I need to know which Sig sights are interchangeable also.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't know. I do know that most sights specify which SIG (indicating to me, there is a difference). The 225/226/228/Pro2009 all seem to share sights, the 220/229/240/Pro2340 all seem to share sights, and the 229 is almost always listed as an oddball.

I would ask the SIG Forum if 2340 and 226 sights are interchangable (the 226 is the model that is always the same as the XD sights.).

Sorry I can't help, but did want to caution you there MAY be a difference. I suspect it has more to do with how the sight hugs the frame than dovetails or height, though. SIGForum link below:

http://sigforum.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=674608412&f=430601935

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gonzo said:
I don't know. I do know that most sights specify which SIG (indicating to me, there is a difference). The 225/226/228/Pro2009 all seem to share sights, the 220/229/240/Pro2340 all seem to share sights, and the 229 is almost always listed as an oddball.

I would ask the SIG Forum if 2340 and 226 sights are interchangable (the 226 is the model that is always the same as the XD sights.).

Sorry I can't help, but did want to caution you there MAY be a difference. I suspect it has more to do with how the sight hugs the frame than dovetails or height, though. SIGForum link below:

http://sigforum.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=674608412&f=430601935
Yup, Im that forum too, trying to compile info from both sources :lol:
Both forums are full of info, I love it! Thansk for the reply, I think I found some now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts