Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone here rents this tool out?
I don't want to buy a 110.00 dollar tool just to use it once.
Oh before anyone says ''take it to a smith'' a place around here
wanted 80 bucks as soon as I told him I wanted then installed
on my XD.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Send me a PM with Name and addie and I'll try to get it in the UPS mail either Saturday or Monday. How long do you think you'll need it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
The only risk is getting impatient and shearing the sight off, requireing a mill to finish removing. I'm not a gunsmith by any means, but this part isn't rocket science,lol. When you get the old sights off, which you can resale by the way, there are hash marks to recenter the new sight. I installed Truglo tri's on mine, they were tight going on, but slow and steady does it, sure beats the heck out of beating them on, ruining the capsules.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I almost told him to take a hike. He told me
XDs are a pain when it comes to sight removal.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
He told me
XDs are a pain when it comes to sight removal.
Not with a proper site pusher. Yes, they are tight, but I used a cheater bar (piece of EMT tubing) on my pusher and it came off like butter. I have the MGW version so it took the abuse like a champ. Problem is they won't accept tall aftermarket sights like TruGlo TFO's. I had to grind the crap out of the MGW to get the rear to fit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Our local guys are about the same. $50-100 for sight replacment, and 4 week wait period.
For whatever reason, many gun smiths are becoming a bunch of A-holes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you or anyone else is in the West Atlanta Metro Area send me a pm and you can come by and use my MGW tool anytime, I just don't want to let it go home with somebody I don't know very well. I'll also help with Powder River Precision Trigger kit installs.

I might hassle you into joining WWW.GeorgiaCarry.org if you aren't already a member.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Wow, that's insane. When I had my Trijicons installed (purchased on Midway), I brought them to the smith and paid $20 to have them installed. In and out in 15 minutes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts