Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey looking for any XD shooters in Missouri. I am located near Ft. Leonard Wood and am always looking to go shoot. Figured if there were any XD shooters in the area that would like to get together and shoot and maybe help me get the practice that I need.

Thanks,

·
Registered
513 Posts
My Brother-in-law lives in Warrensburg and spend one weekend a month for the Reserves. I live in Blue Springs and shoot weekly at several ranges in the general area. Send me a PM if you like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Rolla, and looking to buy an XD for a backup. Mind if I ask what model you have, where you got it, and how much you paid for it?

Once I get one I wouldnt mind goin out shooting.

Email me [email protected]

·
Registered
513 Posts
You should expect to pay anywhere from $400 to $500 in the KCMO area. Great Guns has the best prices, they are in Kearney.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Born and raised in MO, did my time at MU and never left the city (ok, it's only been 2 years, but still...).

Sorry, don't have much time to travel for a shoot but thought I'd rep for MO anyway!

Has anyone in MO been to the new Academy Sports in Joplin? They have super-cheap Maverick shotguns, and I've been looking for a beater-ish 12 gauge to mod into a dedicated home defense gun. I just don't know if the store's worth the 3 hour trip!

Edit: Sorry, didn't mention that I have an XD-9 Service. I'll probably be picking up a sub-compact in a few months as well. I love it, shoot it often and carry it concealed whenever I feel that I might need more than my S&W Airweight.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Leasburg MO ( north of Rolla ) only been in the XD family for two days now lol. The XD-9 is only my second pistol (SA 1911 45 Mil-Spec was my fiirst last summer ) ran two clips through mine on saterday FMJ and JHP 10-15yds away and got about a 4 inch spread with both types but the FMJ had two strings of touching holes. I had a lot of problems with flinching but probly cause I dont get much time to shoot.
My new XD and my 1911:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in the St. Louis area and I shoot an XD9 Tactical in USPSA Production division and Steel Plate.

....I also make extended mag releases for the XD.

Darren

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I'm looking for an extended mag release do you have pics and prices for the XD-9 Service?
[email protected]

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KABOOM = I sent my XD to Rich with Canyon Creek and had him do the ext. Mag release on it. There is a guy that I just started shooting with that is a Smith and we shoot out of Rolla that may be able to help you. shoot me and email or pm and I will try to get his information and get it to you. Rich just moved mine over so that it extends further on my thumb side. I would highly recommend getting a CC trigger job and why he has it have him do the mag release. Fast turn around and great work.

EXTREME SHOT = Hey where do you shoot USPSA at in St. Louis area. I just started shooting USPSA and joined the club that night. I am hoping to get some time to do more of the matches. Do you ever get out to the C.O.P.S. (Central Ozarks Practical Shooters) range. It is in Rolla off of J hwy. Good bunch of guys and shot there sunday match last weekend and had a good time. I am thinking of going to A range in Arnold, MO for a USPSA match.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
tried to contact COPS a number of times, never got any response. Actually drove out there once to see where it was ( trailer house land lol ) kind of a long drive for me but not much farther than other gun clubs. I'm kinda in the boonies so I'm not close to anywhere lol

I had a car problem and ended up making my own mag release for monetary reasons.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Email recieved.
It's a Gattling gun 8)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Jeff City checking in here! We've got several XDers in the area, including the Cole County Sheriff's Dept!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hazelwood checking in. I believe both the Arnold Gun Club and St Louis Benchrest out at Wright City shoot USPSA. Belleville Shooting Range over in Belleville, IL has a "Fight Night" every Tuesday night which is based on IDPA but usually combines a little bit from almost all handgun shooting disciplines. They also have one of the best selections of rental guns anywhere so if you want to try almost any XD they have them available. ;)

No I don't work there, I just spend a lot of time and money there. :-D

·
Registered
78 Posts
hazelwood also. just got my xd9 and need to get out and shoot it.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
We definitely need to setup a MO XD get-together for this Spring/Summer. Since we have KC guys, STL guys, Columbia guys, SW guys, etc., we should probably find some place near the middle of the state.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts