Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get some fellow XD owners together and try to get a group shoot organized sometime in the near future. I just want to get a feel of who all would be interested, and any advice from anyone else on how to get this all organized.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
count me in

·
Registered
81 Posts
Depending on the date, I might drive up from Clark County.

ralst4

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm brand new to handguns, and brand new to the XD, but I've recently acquired a ported XD9 (haven't even shot it yet) and might be up for a group shoot.

Other than Pop Guns and Eagle Creek, where does everybody go to shoot?

<---- Look, first post!

-John

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I haven't had time to organize anything because of work. I have been working about 72 hour weeks, so any down time is spent sleeping. I have a new gun I haven't even had a chance to take to the range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live just afew miles from Eagle Creek, to the west. Never shot there, but I'd like to give it a try. (Do they allow rapid fire?)

I have membership at Danville Conservation Club. It's pretty good but no rapid fire allowed (neighbors get scared maybe? :roll: ) We got an NRA grant to redo the shelter at the firing line this year.

Group events are no problem, and the (very nice) clubhouse can be rented for an event if needed.

Membership is $60/yr + $25 start-up fee. $5 for a visitor (with member).

http://www.danvilleconservationclub.com

·
Registered
221 Posts
Rapid fire? i guess. I have. the ROs might give you a funny look, but never kicked anyone out. Its pretty tightly run there(eagle creek) whistles, only open carry, the ROs can be tough but its all about safety. They do allow high pwered rifle now i think. just no barretts. $10 or $15 all day to shoot. BYOA

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm South of Columbus and shoot at the ranges at Crosley fish and game preserve. Let me know and if the schedule lets me I'm in for a shoot. I've been in a wheelchair for 21 years from a military incedent. Wonder how I could shoot IPDA? -- Glimmer31

1 - 14 of 14 Posts