Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I am new to the forum and recently wanted to start upgrading my Springfield XD which led me to this forum. Thanks for a great forum and group of contributors. I am in the process of upgrading my sights to Trijicon HD XR yellows and bought the Lyman Accurite Sight Tool. I was able to remove the original sights with no issues at all. Followed the directions included with the sight pusher (Which is very nicely engineered.) I know there is a lot of discussion as to sight installation direction but after looking at the originals, it looks like to me that they are installed from left to right at least in regards to the front. The right end of the front sight pad is beveled in a way that looks like you start it from that end. The rear sight is proportional dimensionally and beveled the same on both ends. I have attached the pictures for your review and comment.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think you’re on the right track. I would also dab a smidge of oil on the site and groove before installing it. I want to replace the white dot on my XD with a fiber optic like the XDM has but haven’t looked that close at them to see if it would work. Keep us updated on how things work out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, in the case of the front sight it was installed left to right. The rear sight looks like it could go either way. I have the dimensions in metric if you would like me to post.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you’re on the right track. I would also dab a smidge of oil on the site and groove before installing it. I want to replace the white dot on my XD with a fiber optic like the XDM has but haven’t looked that close at them to see if it would work. Keep us updated on how things work out.
Thanks, good recommendation on the oil, I wish I had done that with a previous sight install.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like the Lyman Accurite tool. Although I have not used any others I can say that it works well and does the job it was intended for. Kind of in the middle price wise. It does seem pretty universal but I do believe the Lyman Accurite was designed for handguns only. It comes with two different sight pushers a flat and a beveled one for angled sights. Nice tool though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like your Lyman tool? Is it universal enough for a variety of guns like rifles ect?

Dude, if you are looking for a great sight pusher the Lyman is very good. I will attach some images. The only flaw, if you could call it that, is it lacks a marker point about 1/2" off the base beveling to indicate the center point of where the sight pusher is centered. But really depending on what you are working on you may or may not need this. In the case of handgun slides I would add the mark with a sharpie. The center line is basically in the same line as the front slide holder threads. Top is reversible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts