Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New toy i got for christmas from my parents. Other than having to file a little off the underside of the weaver mount it fits like a charm. the trigger pin doesnt line up but after racking the slide and releasing it no movement of scope. Full range report tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Wow, that's a whole lot of...something.

Let us know how that BSA red dot holds up, I've heard lots of mixed reviews. The fact that it's not recoiling with the slide will help though. If nothing else, all that weight will probably help you make faster follow-up shots!

Is that mount specifically for the XD? Who made it?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a glock scope mount my dad ordered out of Cheaper Than Dirt. It ejects the shells but dont know how its going to effect the scope with recoil. We had that Red Dot on my dads AR and could effectively hit targets and small metal plates at 100 yards without having to adjust the Windage and Elevation. Just slapped it on out of the box and it was shooting nearly dead on.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Anyone use this product on an XD to tweak out an open gun?

I found the product on Cheaper than Dirt but from the photo above looks like the pin for the trigger doesn't line up right, and it looks like it should...

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP121-41753-1930.html

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
NHO is working with Bobby Carver in order to develop a true XD mount. This will not be a modified Glock mount but one for the XD specifically. Target release date is mid-Summer '07

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
NHO is working with Bobby Carver in order to develop a true XD mount. This will not be a modified Glock mount but one for the XD specifically. Target release date is mid-Summer '07
I remember hearing that... I may just have to order a tactical and turn it into a target gun.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I remember hearing that... I may just have to order a tactical and turn it into a target gun.

For the $20 on CTD I went ahead and bought the glock mount, we'll see how it turns out.. How many adjustments it takes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey, that SKS looks EXACTLY like mine :) I honestly had to make sure it was still there HAHA. I have the same folding stock, scope, and mags. I personally love mine, what do you think of yours??

I really like your mount for the XD. I cant wait to see the range report and let us know how well it functions....

Cheers :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I hope someone is working on a Tactical Holster to incorporate this and a red dot.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
We, Htown and I had to use the dremel to remove a bit of polymer off of the top area of the mount. the part where the front sight and ejection port. The whole mount was rubbing on the top of the slide.

·
Registered
334 Posts
New toy i got for christmas from my parents. Other than having to file a little off the underside of the weaver mount it fits like a charm. the trigger pin doesnt line up but after racking the slide and releasing it no movement of scope. Full range report tomorrow.
Cool!!

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
WTF is up with the necro-post??????????

The last post was from almost a year ago. The initial post was from 2005!
Fixed it for ya.

I'm curious, is the red dot mount still working? Have you replaced it with something else, are there better options out yet?

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Thats cool does it take any optic or just Eotech looking optics?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts