Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the sub compact sights the same size as the standard models? If not what size aftermarket sights will fit on the SC.

Also, has anyone seen any deals on night sites for the SC?
Thanks

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
yes, the sights are the same size, check out CDNN for a good deal on pistol night sights, SigSauer sights also fit XD's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought my SC with Heinie srait 8s night sights and all I can say is that they are fantastic...best and quickest target acquisition I have had with these old eyes...my 1st ten rounds aout of the box (at 30 ft) were within 2 inches of each other...and at the bullseye.
They are working well for me because my eyes have trouble focussing in on the 3 dot sights so putting one on top of the other is great and easy

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased my new XD-9, a real sharp looking 4" bi-tone 9mm service model and let the gun shop install a set of William's Fire Sights... The gun shop trashed the front of my new XD-9 so bad, they had to send it back to springfield for repair! It looked like they used a railroad spike and a sledge to remove the factory sights and install the new ones! :( The front sight was in such bad shape, it wiggled around when you moved the gun, and then broke off on one side while I was just looking at the sights! If you value your XD, keep this story in mind, and be extra careful with who you trust to install your sights. Springfield admits that the sights on the XD's can be tough to change out... I hope when I get my XD back from the factory, it looks O.K.! :(

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all.
I really want the Heinies, I just have to tell myself their worth the 100 bucks. Maybe I'll take the meprolites of my service model and put the heinies on it?

Flydive, that sucks for you but hopefully everything will work out for ya. Luckily I have a good smith that I always use.

·
Registered
87 Posts
since this thread is about sights, i hope someone might tell me why my 4in. has green dots and my sub has white, not that it really matters. just curios. THANKS!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will not support any products from Truglow after the company spokesman called some people here armchair quarterbacks for not agreeing with them about a defect in one of their other products and would not replace it for free until pressured to do so.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mattsnuked:

Save up and get the heinies you won't go wrong on the SC...I did put truglos on my xd40 (won in the Karma drawing from pistol gear) and they are also great although I wasn't happy with the TG responses either. If I wouldn't have won them I probably wouldn't spend the money. I would have put Dawsons on my 40 instead.
What ever you decide, just remember that the original sites are a B...ch to remove if you are going to do it yourself.

Rikoshey
:twisted:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went ahead and ordered the Heinies from Brownells for $108.00 shipped. I couldn't find them for any cheaper. I'll let you all know how they turn out.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
mattsnuked said:
I will not support any products from Truglow after the company spokesman called some people here armchair quarterbacks for not agreeing with them about a defect in one of their other products and would not replace it for free until pressured to do so.
For fifty bucks including shipping you can get some firesights. They are excellent daytime and low light sights made for the XD not sig.

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/

Mine work great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts