Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local club is having an IDPA shoot this Saturday and I'm thinking about participating. I've never done it before, but just got a new XD9-SC and am shooting pretty well. Shot it in ATP's "for fun" combat shoot tonight, and got my second highest score ever, so I'm pretty confident with the gun.

My question is, is anyone else shooting a subcompact for IDPA competitions, or will I be a lone ranger shooting a short gun? Also, how many mags do I need - I've got 2 - 16 rounders and 1 - 13 round mag. I know you can only have 10 or so rounds per mag, but will 3 mags be enough?

Thanks for the help,
-One IDPA Noobie

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
You'll be fine with 3 mags. As for using your sub I don't see why not. You will find out if you want to keep using it or not. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Go for it. 3 Mags are enough. You will see all types of guns at the match. Its great fun and you will learn alot.....

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Good to use the carry gun sometimes. Kinda lets you know what to work on after you're through. Go for it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I sold my XD9SC but I shot it as good as any gun I've owned. You'll be fine.

Is it a qualifier or an actual shoot?

I've only shot in a couple qualifiers with friends for fun.

Foon

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Both of our local clubs prefer that you watch one match first. Do bring your stuff along in case your's is different. Make sure to have eye/ear protection and a cover garment.
Have at least a 100 rounds along, more is better in case of a reshoot etc. If you are going to get into it more often, more mags are good too. Some times a stage will have multiple strings and you need 4-5 magazines for it.
Be prepared to have a new addiction in your life too, it's waaaay fun.

·
Registered
463 Posts
^^^ they might as well call the SSP class the glock class

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Yep go for it, you'll have fun shooting it ... just take you time on the longer shots...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts