Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided that a XD SC will be my enxt carry piece. Coming from a p226 carrying this thing will be a breeze. However im pretty unhappy with the caliber choices offered by SA on the SC model. Ill probably end up getting a 9 because i spend allot of time at the range. However id prefer either 357SIG or 45GAP for a carry piece over .40 and 9mm. Are there any rumors around about theese being offered in the SC gun from the factory w/o conversion brl?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I can try that, just thought that maybe this was discussed before. I tried the search button so dont say that, didint have much luck.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the xd-sc in .40. It seems the majority of law enforcement is changing to the .40.

One man's opinion.

·
Registered
359 Posts
+1

Nothing wrong with .40 other than being a bit snappy, but I would expect the same out of his other preferences (357 SIG and 45 GAP), especially from a short barrel.

-stunks

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
BigBucBrew said:
Ok, I can try that, just thought that maybe this was discussed before. I tried the search button so dont say that, didint have much luck.
I wasn't trying to bang you on the head. Sometimes it's just best to go directly to the main source.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In early Oct. I contacted Springfield about the possibility of a 45 GAP in a XD Sub. They replied that they had no production plans at this time. BUMMER!! Don't know about the 357 Sig. Sure would be great guns!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like .40 the p226 i carried was in .40. For me its just not that much fun to shoot. Also for a CCW piece I like to carry a round that can do maximum ballistic damage. .40 and 9mm in the gel are almost identical, 357SIG is a great penetrator and a 45 is well a 45 :) I am contacting SA today.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Proper shot placement over firepower will carry the day.

I chose 9mm as it is extremely easy to find in bulk.

It is very cheap to shoot per round.

It seems every country and their mother's military uses 9mm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree to the above statement also, thats why between the .40 and 9mm id take the 9. Still I would like to have some more amusing cal choices. Im really a big fan of 357 SIG and the nuclear explosion that comes out of the end of the muzzle :). Also I enjoy the thud of a .45 very much also.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I was reading an article in Shotgun News about the XD gap series. It mention something at the very end of the artice about a compact 3.5" version coming out at the end of the year, but that didn't sound right because the Subcompact is 3 inches. You might have your wishes after all.

It was the big thick version of shotgun news, brown cover with a FAL on it.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
If they only came in 10mm! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I carry the XDSC 9 and am happy with it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I finally got a Uncle Mike's for my .40 subbie. While I have yet to receive my damn CCW in the mail, I am wearing it around the house and such to get used to it being there. Unfortunately for me, my frame is well ... odd to say the least :D I have shoulders square with my hips, a small spare tire, and musculature to my hips from playing soccer for so many years. My pants ride just above the muscle and below the tire, so the subbie in the holster actually won't hug into my body so that it won't print. WTF?! My flashlight on my desk just flashed on by itself! ... Sorry, anyway. I suppose my only option is to start buying x-large shirts that have enough room that nothing is visible underneath. I am definately going to have to get a smaller carry gun. The .40subbie will stay in the house for HD I guess.

Phaetos

·
Registered
143 Posts
phaetos said:
I am definately going to have to get a smaller carry gun. The .40subbie will stay in the house for HD I guess.
I just looked at a Kel-Tec .380, man is that thing small/light, and < $250!

I may pick one of those up if I can win some poker games :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
pdjplano said:
Yay, another poker player! Just had a game tonight. I don't want to talk about it :evil:

·
Registered
244 Posts
pdjplano said:
I just looked at a Kel-Tec .380, man is that thing small/light, and < $250!

I checked one out today, was $225. But the trigger on that thing is a bitch! :shock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
P3AT, worst gun I have ever owned. FTF, FTE's like nobodys business. Dont even think of using hardball ammo with it. HPs act somewhat better but I would not trust it to hold papers down on my desk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts