Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldn't mind having you guys weigh in on this and sorry if it's been beat to death but the Search function didn't come up with anything on the topic.

I'm going to buy an XD SC tomorrow and I'm trying to decide whether I should go with the 9 or 40. I already have a 40 4" XD so I like the idea of not having to worry about a new caliber. I'm just wondering if the recoil on the 40 is much more than the 9. I don't think I'll have an issue with it, but I wouldn't mind my wife shooting and potentially carrying this pistol on occassion.

Is there anyone out there who has shot both the 9 and 40 SC and can tell me if there is much of a difference? I PM'd someone yesterday and they thought it was about the same. Just wanted to get a couple more opinions before I get it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'd say choose based on the difference in ammo price. No matter the caliber, you can learn to shoot it well with enough practice. :cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I pruchased the 9mm, simply because the cost of ammo. I haven't shot the .40sc, but i will say that the 9sc is a joy to shoot, even with the 10 round flush magazine. (your pinky under the grip is not bad at all).......With the longer 16 round, its simply outstanding. ps..i also own the service 9mm, so the interchangable clips are a plus also.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I cant tell much difference in recoil between the 9mm and the 40 S&W. obviously there is some, but with a good, tight, high grip, the 40 S&W is quite comfortable in the sub compact.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have a .40sc and i couldn't be happier with it. I think the big thing is that some people don't like the recoil of the .40. Personally i don't have a problem with it but my fiance does. To be honest i haven't shot a 9sc so i personally cant compare, i am just going by what i have read i past threads.

Goodluck with whatever you decide to purchase....or you could always get both...:twisted:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I own a 9sc and rented a 40sc from the local range. I personally can't tell the difference between them when firing factory ammo.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I say the XD9.

Paper = 9mm
People = .40

Although really you would want a rifle or shotgun round for people =)
I really LOVE stupid posts like these ... They make the forum so much more enjoyable. :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I traded my 40SC for a 9SC, and not only got a bitone, I got a pistol that is much more fun to shoot. And when you shoot a lot and well, you can use shot placement to overcome that massive difference in diameter.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Love my xd40sc!!!
Do not get me wrong, the 9 has good stopping power, but for the same size I am getting the 40.
I also have an xd40 tactical that I can use the same magazines in it.
Ammo price would be the major issue here.
If you do a LOT of shooting reloading is the way to go and alot cheaper!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the 9sc and my buddy has a 40sc. I shot his before I got the 9mm and honeslty the recoil from the 40 isnt that much more. I would say in your situation get the 40, the difference in recoil isnt enough of a factor to make it part of your decision

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
If I were you, I'd go with the .40 simply because you already have one. If you start reloading one day (if you haven't already), it eliminates a caliber you have to buy equipment for.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK, I went with the .40. I just decided that I didn't want to start accumulating ammo in another caliber. Thanks for all your comments. Glad I went with the .40. I thought the recoil might be out of control with such a small gun, but it's hardly different than my XD 40 4".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts