Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
well i have used a p2000 in 9mm. i own a 9mm uspc that has been 100% reliable since round one w/ thousands of rounds to date. the p2000 really semmed a little small and unatural in my hands. . i was excited using the p2000 and felt it would be an evoloution in design, but the uspc definately feels much better in hand. i noticed the slide profile of the p2000 matched that of my hk 9mm elite(more contoured at the ends and tappered from rails to sight dovetails). in contrast the uspc is boxy. im only 160lbs and 5'7" ,but have no problems ccw the thing without notice. the .40 hk uspc is suposed to be rock solid. may be you should try one out and decide if the price of an envitable slide refinish job is just simply equal to a superior pistol in the first place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply so in your opinion you feel the P2000SK is not worth the $150 extra (between HK's I mean).

I have looked at the USP and the compact and like them both but would like a long term use opinion.

THX

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have fired a fair number of rounds through both the USP compact, P2000 and P2000 sub compact both in 9mm and .40 all with with the LEM trigger. The P2000's come standard with that trigger but the USP compact also had the LEM trigger. My major complaint with these guns is the small magazine release and it's location. The middle finger on my right hand hits the mag release just in front of the second knuckle, making it uncomfortable for me to shoot a lot of rounds. I like to use my thumb to release the mag but have to shift my hand forward too much to contact the mag release, same problem with a Glock. Once I get to the mag release it's hard for me to push the small release down. HK teaches to use your trigger finger to release the mag on all of their pistols. I have seen several that have had JB Weld put on the mag release button to increase the size, but this compounded the problem as it hit my finger even more. Using my trigger finger to drop a mag is hard for me to get use to since I have been carrying a Glock 22 in my LE job for over 13 years, not by choice but because they say I have to. If I had my choice I would carry an XD Tactical in 9mm. I was all set to buy a USP compact or P2000 until I shot them. I wanted another HK pistol to go with the HK P7M8 that I have. I have had the P7M8 for over 14 years and have not had any problems.

Here are a couple of forums that may be able to better help with your decision.

http://www.hkweaponsystems.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi

http://hkpro.websolv.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts