Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought an XDS 45 that had a reduced trigger pull package installed.
I want to restore one of the springs back to factory standard.

The specific spring I need is the Striker Safety Spring. Springfield will not sell me one, they require me to send back the firearm. This is too costly.

I was wondering if anyone has removed their factory Striker Safety Spring and can measure the length (uncompressed) the springs diameter and the diameter of the wire the spring is made from. I need the factory specs.

If you could post these measurements, I would be very grateful. I have new roll pins and need to get a spring.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Best as I can measure mine is as follows:

Uncompressed length is a pain to measure but I think I got it as close as my calipers can measure it. Of course mine was used before it was swapped so might be slightly shorter than how it was originally manufactured.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for taking the time to post.

Is this the factory spring? The reason I ask is that this appears to be the same as my Powder River spring which I thought was reduced power.

Either way, I do appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Yes, this was the factory spring I removed when installing the PRP kit.

BTW, a reduced power spring can have the same physical dimensions and be reduced power by virtue of being made of a different alloy, different heat treatment, number of coils, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts