Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that this forum might be a good resource to help identify what options I have for additional magazines for the listed firearm. It comes with a 5 & 6 round, but surely there are some aftermarket options that might hold 7 rounds???

·
Registered
370 Posts
There are factory gen1 xds 7 round magazines, not sure about the grip sleeve compatibility with the mod2 version though. The actual magazine itself will work.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
There are factory gen1 xds 7 round magazines, not sure about the grip sleeve compatibility with the mod2 version though. The actual magazine itself will work.
The sleeves are enough different that the originals won't fit the Mod2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sleeves are enough different that the originals won't fit the Mod2.
So if I'm understanding correctly, the XDS original 7 round mags will fit, but I would have to use them without the grip sleeve.
To be honest, even the 6 round mags made for the Mod 2 are tough to find at the moment. I sure wish Springfield could've come up with a bit more variation in the pistol naming. So many calibers/variants/mods almost alike makes searching a chore. Especially when sellers purposely leave their descriptions vague to get more traffic.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You’re correct on all fronts. They discontinued a bunch of models but it doesn’t make it any easier for the current owners to find parts or even appropriate information when searching on the forum. Good luck with the search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts