Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member, 2nd post of the evening. I've visited here on occasion and thought I'd finally sign up to post. Anyway, I'm picking up my new XD-S 9mm next week and I know that it only comes with 2 7-shot magazines. I'll get a couple of 9-round magazines shortly and would like to know if anyone makes a speed loader for the 9mm magazines. I think the XD-M's come with one but I haven't seen one specifically for the XD-S 9mm magazines. Sure would save a lot of wear and tear on my fingers.

I thought about going with the 9mm XD-M which has higher capacity magazines, but since our governor sees fit to limit our pistols to 10 rounds, the extra capacity magazines were not really that big of a deal. Besides, some enterprising tinkerer is bound to find a way to make an extended magazine with more capacity if there is really any demand.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking for something like the butler creek Lula? I use that on my 1911 and my XDs.
Thanks Joe,

I looked at the Butler Creek site, is there a specific model # you use with your XD magazine or they sort of a universal loader?

·
Registered
799 Posts
The one that fits your caliber. I have one for the .40 and 9mm and one for the .380 and .22.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the 9mm Lula and it's not that expensive. $35.00 or so saves a lot of skin on your fingers. I'll have to see if I can pick one up locally, if not, I guess E-bay has them.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Yeah... The UpLula (Universal Pistol Lula) handles Double and Single Stack mags, from 9mm-.45 (and many .380s).
No reason to buy 1 loader for each caliber, when the UpLula can handle them all (well... Most ;)).

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have found my Xds 9mm mags to be very easy to load by hand. I only have the 7 round mags and was surprised at how easy they are to load. My double stack .40 XD mags are much harder to load. That being said a mag loader for my XDs mags would be nice for range days, but for now I will continue to load them by hand.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the Maglula Uplula suggestions, I ordered one today and should have by week's end. Now if my XD-S 9mm gets added to my permit I'll be able to use it and go shoot. :D

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had the Uplula for a couple of weeks now and loaded nearly 600 rounds in various 7 and 9-round mags for my XD-S 9mm. This thing is a great little invention and has saved a lot of wear and tear on my right thumb, especially on the 9-round magazines.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've had the Uplula for a couple of weeks now and loaded nearly 600 rounds in various 7 and 9-round mags for my XD-S 9mm. This thing is a great little invention and has saved a lot of wear and tear on my right thumb, especially on the 9-round magazines.

Agree, used it for the first time this weekend. Worked on XDS single stack as well as my Ruger double stack 15 round and the Glock 10 rounders.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Glad to hear you're loving your Upula. It's definitely my favorite accessory in my range bag.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My mag loader is 17 and started his senior year of high school today and he is universal so he loads all calibers.

He enjoys going to the range and will shoot the AK or AR but doesn't like to shoot the pistols.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the question and ifno also. I had been wondering the same thing. Guess this is next on my list to buy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered an UpLULA from eBay last Thursday, arrived in todays mail. Been playing with it now for about an hour, LOVE IT !!! I find it a bit hard to manually load my XDs, so much easier, now I can load my magazines myself, dont have to have my hubby load for me. Get one TODAY!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll be getting an Uplula shortly as the loader that comes with the Xdm works but has much to be desired once you see how easy the Uplula works.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
you're going to love the uplula ....... just to load a mag or two, no they aren't needed..... but man, on the high round count range / class days.... especially during the extreme hot/cold days.... these things are GREAT.

Love mine more and more every time I use it...... (and gripe LOUDLY every time I misplace it and can't find it on the range!!!)

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, after firing off over 1300 rounds through my XD-S 9mm and not having to load all of those rounds by hand, I can say the Uplula has paid for itself 10x over. No sign of breaking anytime soon and if it does, I'll get another one right away.

Turns out to be one of those low cost things that you didn't know you needed until you actually buy one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just picked up a Mag Lula Universal and I am very impressed with it. I bought it for loading my XDS and 1911 mags. Neither of these are hard to load by hand but when shooting 100s of rounds at the range, it sure will be handy.

As expected, it also works on all my XD guns, 9mm, 40 & 45. I wasn't sure how well it would work on 1911 mags since they offer an optional
. But it works just fine (I still may buy that aligner just to try it out).

Picked mine up at Amazon since they had they had the best price at the time.

But, for what its worth, the stock XD mag loaders are the very best loaders I've every come across since you can hold the mag and loader in one hand and do not need to rest it on table like every other mag loader.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts