Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, Ive gotten rid of my XD-s .45. I traded it in for a Glock 30. I will however miss my XD-s. But the reason why i got rid of it was for 2 reasons. When i got it back from recall, the first thing i noticed was the change in the trigger. While not terrible, it was still more squishy than i like. I feel the original trigger, before recall, was absolute and PERFECT. But that, I could deal with, im no stranger to DAO. But i also felt that the recoil changed considerably. When my XD-s was a new born, i threw hundreds of rounds out, smiling and loving how such a big bore caliber was so smooth and beautiful coming out of something so small. Then, when i got her back, Every round i shot felt like a grenade going off in my hand. Painful and uncomfortable. I didnt want to practice with it. I didnt want to shoot it. But i will say, that just because i said goodbye to my XD-s, i will NOT say goodbye to Springfield. I still love their 1911's and will continue to buy them. And i have also added a full size .45 XD-m to my wish list. I know the XD-m is their swan song, and it was the only .40 pistol ive ever enjoyed shooting.
I will always miss the xd-s though. =(

·
Registered
599 Posts
IMO the G30s would have been a better choice for ccw, I had several glocks all great my fav was the g26 also had the g30sf which loved it, but had some issues with it so sold it, recently picked a xds 45, it shoots great, great pistol for ccw, but it is not a range pistol, I got the post recall so really can't compare the pre and the post, but I love mine, also the prp spring kit might help to reduce the trigger pull

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would never disparage anyone thinking about picking up an XD-s, in either caliber, though im partial to .45. Fortunately, I live in a state that i can conceal or open carry, and even though i RATHER conceal, i dont care too much if there is print or not. And the fact the 30 fills a few different roles, the main reason why i chose the 30 over the S or the SF was because i went gen4 because imo the new checkering is AWESOME. But like i said in the OP, I will make haste to grab my XD-m. To me, their freaking awesome, and every one ive ever shot was absolutley amazing.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
First I've heard of the recoil changing dramatically on a post recall weapon. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying it doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
358 Posts
To each their own... good luck with the glock, I hope it suits your needs/wants. As long as it does, carry what you like not what everyone else likes.

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
First I've heard of the recoil changing dramatically on a post recall weapon. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying it doesn't make sense to me.
I don't understand how any changes made to the grip safety and sear could affect recoil.
Count me among the confused. :confused:

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Best of luck with your 30. I do not miss mine.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The G30 is longer and fatter, but weighs about the same as the xds. The standard mags have 10 rounds, but the flush fit 9 rounders make the gun easier to conceal. The recoil from the xds is much more punishing in my opinion. The main drawback of the G30 is the size of the grip. The sf, s, and gen4s are slightly smaller than the other models, but still hard to grip correctly for me. I have a lot more rounds through the G30 than the xds, and the G30 has proved its reliability to me. The xds may or may not turn out just as reliable.

I too don't like the recoil on the xds. The first shot or two at the range reminds me I have to hang on tighter than with my other guns. I find the recoil manageable, and can shoot reasonably well with it, but it still is not my carry gun (though it may be some day). I worry that the violence of the recoil will tend to break the gun at some point. I already had the trigger safety break off.

As far as recoil changing after the return from recall, it seems pretty unlikely to me also. Some ammo in the xds shoots quite a bit softer - Privi Partisan PPU 230 grain JHP for instance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sadly, Ive gotten rid of my XD-s .45. I traded it in for a Glock 30. I will however miss my XD-s. But the reason why i got rid of it was for 2 reasons. When i got it back from recall, the first thing i noticed was the change in the trigger. While not terrible, it was still more squishy than i like. I feel the original trigger, before recall, was absolute and PERFECT. But that, I could deal with, im no stranger to DAO. But i also felt that the recoil changed considerably. When my XD-s was a new born, i threw hundreds of rounds out, smiling and loving how such a big bore caliber was so smooth and beautiful coming out of something so small. Then, when i got her back, Every round i shot felt like a grenade going off in my hand. Painful and uncomfortable. I didnt want to practice with it. I didnt want to shoot it. But i will say, that just because i said goodbye to my XD-s, i will NOT say goodbye to Springfield. I still love their 1911's and will continue to buy them. And i have also added a full size .45 XD-m to my wish list. I know the XD-m is their swan song, and it was the only .40 pistol ive ever enjoyed shooting.
I will always miss the xd-s though. =(
I traded mine for a glock 36....................I miss it too..............

·
Registered
19 Posts
I sold my G30 after purchasing a XDS .45. Don't miss the Glock at all. Post recall the XDS is still the nicest CCW I own.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The only way I could see the recoil changing in this case is if the trigger is so much different that while pulling the trigger he is actually changing the way he grips the gun. I can't offer anything other than that. I have a perfect pre recall gun and that is the way it will stay.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Maybe the OP shot standard FMJ ammo and then defensive JHP ammo, big difference there! In any rate, it's what he wanted to do. Good luck with your new Glock!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was carrying the Glock 36. Awesome gun, but wanted something just a bit smaller for summer carry.
Chose the XDs because it was 45acp, shot about the same as the Glock 36, and wighs about the same.

Both offer a great choice of CCW.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You might want to visit the Glock section of this forum I hear they have cookies but I have no interest in their baked goods :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts