Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XDs is ejecting casings about 10 feet over my head and straight back behind me. Sometimes as far as 20-25 yards behind me. It's leaving brass skid marks on the slide after shooting. Whats the cause for this? Shooting Speer Gold Dot 230 grain.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
25 yards? 75 feet?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, like its hitting the slide as it comes out and shooting into the air and flying wayyy back behind me. 20-25 yards(75 feet) I had to have someone watch for me so I could find out where it was going lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's a bizarre ejection distance. I doubt if anyone else is having the same problem. What's it do with other types of ammo.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Imagine the needed trajectory for brass to land 75 behind.

I call BS. Big time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
25 yards is the longest one, but the others weren't that far behind. That's why I say 20-25 yards. I haven't tried any other ammo yet. I had these speer gold dots and traded for this xds. I have the 9mm already. I bought some Winchester white box 230 grain today. I'll see how they do upon ejection. Its just weird that they are coming out that hard. Its leaving big skid marks on my slide too

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just seen your post dawgchamp. Thanks for your input. How old are you? I'm just looking for some advice guys, not trying to stir any controversy. I figure there's more knowledge on these weapons here than anywhere else.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Try the different ammo and let us know. Mine gets pretty good distance on the ejection (20 to 25 feet), including with Speer GD 230s, but directed back and to the right. How does the gun work with a different shooter?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does yours leave the brass marks on the slide? I will try the different ammo tonight or tomorrow night. I'll also get another person to shoot it as well and report back. I bought my xds 9mm new and it has been perfect. I bought this one used back from recall and It had 100 rounds through it pre recall I was told and It looked like I was told the truth. Not really any wear at all. I asked him about the ejection on it and he said he hadn't shot it after it came back from SA. He said before though when he had shot the 100 rounds through it, it never shot out like that. I'll shoot the Winchester through it and see if it reacts the same. If it does, I'll get some video lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
I haven't noticed brass marks. I probably would if they were there, but maybe not - I'll check specifically next time I shoot it. Also, about half what I'm shooting is the blazer with aluminum case.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Try the different ammo and let us know. Mine gets pretty good distance on the ejection (20 to 25 feet), including with Speer GD 230s, but directed back and to the right. How does the gun work with a different shooter?

Correction, the HP ammo I was using wasn't Speer GD, it was Win Ranger 230 - I was thinking of another gun.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Skids are normal. nothing to be alarmed about. Distance isnt anything to worry about either.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Just seen your post dawgchamp. Thanks for your input. How old are you? I'm just looking for some advice guys, not trying to stir any controversy. I figure there's more knowledge on these weapons here than anywhere else.
I'm sure this is the best you can do sonny, but do keep trying. Some will actually think you're serious despite the claims of a 75 foot ejection.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure this is the best you can do sonny, but do keep trying. Some will actually think you're serious despite the claims of a 75 foot ejection.
LOL Dawg, I don't know why you are busting my chops. I have not had my xds out today. So it will be This weekend and I'm gonna video it for you. My wife acts a lot like you when I'm explaining distances and measurements

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
LOL Dawg, I don't know why you are busting my chops. I have not had my xds out today. So it will be This weekend and I'm gonna video it for you. My wife acts a lot like you when I'm explaining distances and measurements
I'm sure you don't. You weren't around when dozens of newbies hammered the XDS at the beginning of the recall. No post history at all, but they came in making way too many claims of troubles, bad customer service, etc. They're all gone now, suffering the inevitable fate of net trolls.

Next time you could accompany your claim with a smidgeon of credibility and include pictures or videos. That way you'd actually seem legitimate. As the gif indicates:

Considering your posts' contents I'm sure I know why she, or any other thinking human, would have issues with your "explaining distances". Keep trying...it'll come with time and maturity.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Common measurements standard height of basketball hoop 10 feet, free throw line 15 feet, three point line is 24 feet, full court. 94 feet by
50 feet wide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
/\ yep all that ... or in another sport: football field 100 yards. Put together some data from Web - NFL Quarterback Longest Distance on Football Passes:

Joe Flacco 74 yards
Jamarcus Russell 84 yards
Jeff George 88 yards
Troy Smith 73 yards
Matt Ryan 62 yards
Vince Young 65 yards
Phillip Rivers 69 yards
Peyton Manning 75 yards
Brett Favre 75 yards
John Elway 78 yards
Randall Cunningham 78 yards
Ben Roethlisberger 70 yards