Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to XDTalk. I have four XD's. XD Subcompact 40, XDM 40, XD-s 9mm and I just bought an XD-s 40. All have been great, at least until I got the XD-s 40. Major accuracy issues. Bullets all over the place and low and to the left. I thought it might be ammo, but my XDM and my XD Subcompact ate the ammo and were accurate without a hitch. I tried different ammo and no change. My brother shot it and had the same results.

Before anyone says I was limp-wristing or that it was my technique. I shoot a Kahr CM40 on a regular basis and it's a snappy little pistol. I maintain POA/POI and very tight groups at 15 yards. The Xd-S 40 was all over the place at 5 yards.

I'm really disappointed with the pistol. Springfield has had it for 2 weeks now (I sent it out two days after purchase) and it looks like it'll be another 4 weeks before they get to it. Not exactly what I wanted to spend my money on. It has me concerned with the quality of Springfield fireams and now I have no confidence in any of my SA pistols. I may be selling all of them soon and switching to Glock or S&W.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Shoot it from a ransom rest. If you're right handed low and left almost always means it's the shooter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shoot a lot. I have a range at my house. I'm on 500 acres of land. I've been shooting since I'm 8 years old. I had my brother shoot it and he had the exact same problem We shot two other SA XD pistols and several Glocks at the same outing. Only one pistol shot poorly. 10" group low and to the left at 5 yards!!!! All other pistols at 15 yards tiny groups and center mass. I don't think it was me. If it was, it's a combination of me and that pistol. The first pistol in 42 years I have ever had that shot that bad. Which means the pistol has to go.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
As has already been recommended, shoot it from a rest. Right-handers shooting low/left with small single-stack handguns is most often the shooter especially if they are used to shooting larger double-stack handguns (and the relatively stiff factory trigger on the XDs doesn't help either). The 10" group, well, hard to say but shooting from the rest will tell the tale there too. Could be you have a bad gun and it needs to go back to SA for service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I shoot my Kahr CM40 as much as any pistol I own as it is my EDC. No problems from 15 yards. I don't have the pistol anyway. Its at SA for warranty repair on accuracy issues. As I said, I've never had a problem shooting a pistol in 42 years. And I've shot alot of single stacks coming up. Raised on 1911's by a Force Recon Marine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also own an XD-s 9mm. I've had absolutely no problems with the accuracy of that pistol. One would think that I would be having the same issue with it since, other than caliber, it is the same pistol. I've also shot the Xd-s 45 with no problems. I'm not seeing how this is me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My only problem right now is buying a pistol from SA and having to send it back after 2 days of ownership. I like my handguns to shoot out of the box. I knew the Kahr CM40 had a 200 round break-in period when I bought it, but took the chance. Never even had a hiccup with 500 rounds through it. I'm a little disappointed in SA.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I also own an XD-s 9mm. I've had absolutely no problems with the accuracy of that pistol. One would think that I would be having the same issue with it since, other than caliber, it is the same pistol. I've also shot the Xd-s 45 with no problems. I'm not seeing how this is me.
And with that additional info, it does seem much less likely it is you.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
My only problem right now is buying a pistol from SA and having to send it back after 2 days of ownership. I like my handguns to shoot out of the box. I knew the Kahr CM40 had a 200 round break-in period when I bought it, but took the chance. Never even had a hiccup with 500 rounds through it. I'm a little disappointed in SA.
Well, no manufacturer is perfect, so if this has been your only problem with a SA product I don't know why it would be that much of an issue. Give them a chance to make it right.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Lé Matrix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with that point. No manufacturer can be 100%. I was definitely disappointed and will probably get rid of the pistol when it comes back from SA. Their customer service seems to be excellent, I just worry about how slow they are. How many warranty issues could they be addressing with their firearms?

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Dude its you, low left is almost always the shooter. Shoot it left hand and I guarantee suddenly the gun is now shooting low and left all the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fu
Dude its you, low left is almost always the shooter. Shoot it left hand and I guarantee suddenly the gun is now shooting low and left all the time.
Funny how I'm shooting dead center with my Xd-s 9 at 15 yards and can't hit the barn walls from inside with the Xd-s 40 at 5 yards? And no, I don't think the 40 is a snappy round. Have you shot a Kahr CM40? Little, tiny 40 S&W. Everyone that shoots mine complains about how snappy it is. I love it and can shoot circles around the XDS-40 with it.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issues and that maybe there was a glimmer of hope for the XDS 40. Not have everyone tell me I can't shoot. I made a mistake posting on this forum.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Well.....you didn't ask a question. Your first post as a new member was to say your gun wasn't accurate, it wasn't your fault and you were going to sell all of your Springfields off.

The last part is fine. They're your guns to do with what you want but if your first post is essentially bashing something while not possessing the ability to think it's an issue you're causing don't be surprised when you can't get others to jump on board.

You didn't ask for pointers or feedback from others that may own one.

Reactions: mad trapper

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well.....you didn't ask a question. Your first post as a new member was to say your gun wasn't accurate, it wasn't your fault and you were going to sell all of your Springfields off.

The last part is fine. They're your guns to do with what you want but if your first post is essentially bashing something while not possessing the ability to think it's an issue you're causing don't be surprised when you can't get others to jump on board.

You didn't ask for pointers or feedback from others that may own one.
Point taken. I do believe I did say the other SA pistols I have were good shooters. Maybe I should have put a question in there to see if anyone else has had a problem. I know the internet is full of people saying they do and just as many saying they've never had a problem. I also believe I pointed out in the OP that I was fairly confident it wasn't my technique, and that's what everyone jumped on. No big deal, I'll see how it shoots when I get it back. Looks like it's going to take a while though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts