Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
I got my order today, and to answer your question, no, it does not have any padded pockets. But to expand on it...this sucker is huge! It's no mere range bag, it's luggage! I've got a Glock 4 pistol bag, and this monster is a good 4" longer and taller. It does have lots of small pockets for stuff. This will be great for me as I would run out of room in my Glock bag by the time I got everything in there, but that won't be a problem with this one. It's no wonder they call it a "Tactical" bag...

I'll have to pick up a couple of pistol rugs, but this is exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It has one big divider that goes from one end to the other, but it is adjustable with velcro. Other than that, the inside is a giant black hole :)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I wish it would come with some velcro dividers because I'd be all over it. I'd like to be able to get a bag that I can carry a few pistols, ammo, magazines, etc. I really don't like hard cases so that's out of the question.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I have one that I bought back in 2006 and it has no padded pockets but it is awesome . I say this even though I am a big Glock fan ;)
Me and my boy can out and shoot 4 handguns eith all the ammo and still have room for our gun-smith tools . I like it . The XD logo is cool too .

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thats why I got it...with my Glock bag I would always run out of room. With this monster, I can get everything in there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can someone tell me the difference between the "Springfield Armory Range Bag" on Page 13 and the "XD Gear Ballistic Nylon Range Bag" on Page 18 in the Merchandise Catalog? They look the exact same to me, but they cost different prices.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I have the XD3540 Range bag. Don't know the difference between that one and the GE3540. I found mine for $42.00, plus shipping. Here is a link for one: Springfield XD3540 Springfield XD Gear Bag Black Soft

That being said............. I have recently bought the Midway Range bag and if I had to do it over I would stick with the Midway bag. The Midway bag is usually on sale for $39.99. The regular price is $59.99 but it usually goes on sale every two months or so. Here is a link for the Midway Bag: MidwayUSA - MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester Black

The Midway bag has two padded pistol sleeves, a smaller inner bag, and a small bag for empty brass cases. Also has a side pocket with mag holders. Here is a link to some photos I found that someone did on the Midway bag (Ross Tomson). The photos are excellent. The Midway bag beats the XD bag hands down. Here is a link to the photos: MidwayUSA Range Bag Photo Gallery by RossTomson at pbase.com

I love both bags and use both. Both are HUGE! Get the Midway bag. You will thank me. :)

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I got the Midway bag last time it was on sale. You will NOT be disappointed if you get this bag. It fits 3 sets of eye/ear protection, my UPLula mag loader, a cleaning kit, ammo (at least 100 rounds of each of 4 different calibers), 4 handguns, all my mags, and a bottle of water -- with room to spare. It is well padded, so everything inside is protected.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It seems that the difference between the two bags shown in the catalog is that one says Springfield Armory on top, and the other says XD Gear. If thats the case its ridiculous that the price is so much different.

I sent an email to springfield to ask the difference, I'll post their responce when I get it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
+1 on the Midway bag. Can't really beat it for 3x the price.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Can someone tell me the difference between the "Springfield Armory Range Bag" on Page 13 and the "XD Gear Ballistic Nylon Range Bag" on Page 18 in the Merchandise Catalog? They look the exact same to me, but they cost different prices.

That's funny...they're even the same model number. Mine says XD on top.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts