Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got an XD40 Tactical and an EFK Firedragon 9mm barrel. When I fire 9mm, I load the cartridges into the .40 magazines. I have four 10-round mags. At the range last weekend, I noticed that when firing 9mm, the slide would lock back after firing the second to last shot. This happened with every magazine, and it did not matter how many rounds were in the mag (if loaded with 14 rounds, the slide locks back after the 13th shot; if loaded with 10 rounds, it locks back after the 9th shot; if loaded with 2 rounds, it locks back after the first shot, and so on).

I'm assuming this has something to do with the shape and/or position of the follower, that the slide is catching on the follower because the 9mm round is smaller diameter than a .40 round.

Question: has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy fix for it? (Other than buying 9mm magazines, that is). Thanks in advance.

-The Duck

·
Registered
102 Posts
Have you pinched the feedlips slightly? That will cure your problem. The 9mm ammo is smaller then 40 ammo and the follower is higher with one round left in the mag. If the feedlips are pinched slightly the round will ride lower and so will the follower on the last round and your slide won't lock back untill the mag is empty. See if you can find a happy medium for both calibers. Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts