Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new XD service model Bi-tone last month in 9mm.Looked at some others.The quality seems to have greatly improved.Really had to look hard to see any tool marks in the bottom of the slide.None any where else.Very tight frame to slide fit.Feed ramp highly polished.It does not throw hot ammo into the next county,no spring change needed.Shoots any ammo,not one burp.Super smooth trigger.Cost $416.Has any body else noticed any differance are did I just look at some with a new tooling setup.Took a new sig 226 apart and it looked like junk compared to the XD's.I was really suprized at the sig, finish was bad and the barrel looked like it had been thru a wood chipper.My wife ask me today what I wanted for Christmas and the word sub popped in to my mind,wonder what that means.

Ed

Added today one 9mm sub.
Picked up the sub for Christmas today.Another perfection product.Perfect trigger feels about 4lbs.I don't what lube they are using now but it is not reqular oil.Kind of like militec-1 with the the heat treatment are or corrosionX.Some sort of synthetic product that has been applied and excess wiped off.Smooth as glass.My son was getting three inch groups at 20 yards off hand.First time he had ever shot one.He is very good shot.The chamber is extremly tight so we did get any powder residue in the action and the feed ramp did not have carbon on it at all,never seen that before.We did not get to shoot a lot thru it,got cold and dark. Only shot some FMJ magtec and some speer HP's,not one burp.Had to call several gun shops to find the only one in area,the shop had just sold one with night sights just before we called.$429 not bad.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
blackpanther

Thank you for your observations, I agree with you about the tooling marks. But there are still those lemons out there though. I have had 3 new pistols in my hand and the trigger was really gritty, but acceptable. Other than that and the occasional finish issue I think things have improved.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
black pather hit it
there's always gonna be some lemons, but dont throw em all away
Even Cadillacs put out some bad ones.....why u might ask
cuz they're manufactured by humans! Just like the XD
:wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts