Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today after the IDPA match we had a quick little 50/50 buy in tournament.

We put a 12" steel plate at 100 yards and we each took five shots. The most shots on steel wins. Any ties would go to a tie breaker round...

So the first few people go and take their five shots. The most anyone hit was 1/5. I bought in for two rounds of five shots...

Went up there and first shot was a whiff... I figured it was a dumb tournament to do with a 3" XD9SC... but wth it was just for fun anyways. Next shot I take a little more time and "DING". I was happy. Next shot.. "DING"..."DING"..."DING".... WHOO HOOO!!!! 4/5 on steel!!!

I beat 4 GLOCK's, 2 1911's, and a Sig =D. It was the greatest thing ever!

I never did take my second round of 5 that I paid for!!!

I won a whopping 7 bucks. There were 13 or 14 shooters. =)

What a great day!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Me and 2 friends (1 Glock, 1 1911) were shooting about 3 months ago. We had a steel plate at 100 yds for the AR's and such. When packing up I noticed them unloading down range at the plate. I sat and watched a while and they both unloaded at least 3 mags down range. I thought, "Well, lemme try!" I put 1 round in the mag and chambered it, walked to the line, and fired. First and only shot...DING! What makes it even better is that these two guys are the ,"I am so much better at everything than you!" kinda guys. Did I mention that they were both wearing ACP's and thigh rigs? Yeah, did I call them friends? More like distant aquantances. When I pulled up the night before (we were camping), the walked up in their ACP's and thigh rigs and the first thing one of them says is, "Yes we are carrying loaded in thigh rigs because the Coyotes are out tonight!" I was thinking, "Your sitting next to a Bonfire, and you've got the 3 lanterns going. There are 4 of you here. Yeah, coyotes are really gonna swarm this place. OWNED

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Me and 2 friends (1 Glock, 1 1911) were shooting about 3 months ago. We had a steel plate at 100 yds for the AR's and such. When packing up I noticed them unloading down range at the plate. I sat and watched a while and they both unloaded at least 3 mags down range. I thought, "Well, lemme try!" I put 1 round in the mag and chambered it, walked to the line, and fired. First and only shot...DING! What makes it even better is that these two guys are the ,"I am so much better at everything than you!" kinda guys. Did I mention that they were both wearing ACP's and thigh rigs? Yeah, did I call them friends? More like distant aquantances. When I pulled up the night before (we were camping), the walked up in their ACP's and thigh rigs and the first thing one of them says is, "Yes we are carrying loaded in thigh rigs because the Coyotes are out tonight!" I was thinking, "Your sitting next to a Bonfire, and you've got the 3 lanterns going. There are 4 of you here. Yeah, coyotes are really gonna swarm this place. OWNED
Whats an "ACP"???

And whats wrong with carrying loaded while camping?? Im always loaded while camping or hiking, usually in a thigh rig. But then again its the only time I get to carry here in California really, so I try to take advantage.

As soon as the alcohol comes out though, the guns go away.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

We put a 12" steel plate at 100 yards and we each took five shots. The most shots on steel wins. Any ties would go to a tie breaker round...

So the first few people go and take their five shots. The most anyone hit was 1/5. I bought in for two rounds of five shots...

Went up there and first shot was a whiff... I figured it was a dumb tournament to do with a 3" XD9SC... but wth it was just for fun anyways. Next shot I take a little more time and "DING". I was happy. Next shot.. "DING"..."DING"..."DING".... WHOO HOOO!!!! 4/5 on steel!!!

What a great day!
don't want to take the wind out of your XD sails, but.......
you beat the other people..... pat yourself on the back, if I were there, I would do it for you. Give credit where credit is due, I always say!
However, The XD didn't beat the Glock. Lets give credit where it's due, to you.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe.. I know luck and/or skill had more to do with it than anything, but the people that stuck around were the die hard pistol runners that always win the IDPA shoots and otherwise ;)

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
my friends dad who is ex military has this REALLY nice gold cup that he has all sorts of stuff done to it. its over 2k easy and he shot a 5 shot group at 25 yards with his gun and then used my xd40 (his first time with it) compleatly factory and shot a better group with my gun then he did with his. he bought one that week. and now carries it.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are all the guys I shoot with every tournament, no hard feelings =) We usually get lunch afterward or breakfast before hand as a group.

And it was only 7 bucks =)

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
So nobody answered my question... I know ACP stands for "Automatic Colt Pistol" but...

What is an ACP that you wear???

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
It should be BDU, Battle Dress Uni, But the new digital uniforms are ACU, Alway Casual Uni. is what my son calls it. He is in Vermont attending VMC............... so to be commissioned into the Army, Great for a Navy Brat!!!!

............................Mac

·
Premium Member
21,704 Posts

What a great day!
wow.. a foot at 100 yards. you have to aim up at all?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts