Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a XDSC-40, and have only run 100 rounds through it. First of all it shoot great, and I am very happy with the purchase. However I have two small problems; 1) The slide doesn't stay open after the last round, and B) the white dot in my front sight is wearing away. Are these problems that are covered by SA? If not, how can I fix these?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check to see if the little nub sticking out of the slide lock is long enough to get pushed up by the plastic ledge on the mag when its empty.

If you are left handed it might make the problem worse depending on how you hold your pistol. The side-to-side play in the magazine is what could cause this by causing the ledge to clear the little nub if its pushed to its extent. just an idea...

·
Registered
539 Posts
the white in ur sights fading will probably not be covered by SA as they may categorize that as normal wear. The white fading is a pretty common thing on the xd's i think... and people have usually used do-it-yourself type remedies like whiteout or aftermarket paint markers to fill in the sights. But hey, it couldn't hurt to give SA a call and ask if that type of thing is covered under warranty.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I found the white dot fading on the front sight post to be a symptom of powder residue. Just use a q-tip with some light cleaner on it and it will look good as new.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Blown330 said:
I found the white dot fading on the front sight post to be a symptom of powder residue. Just use a q-tip with some light cleaner on it and it will look good as new.
really? i'm gonna try that next time i clean my gun.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I used a toothpick and white enamel model paint to fill mine in. Put in a bit, let it dry and repeat until it is nearly flush/filled. It will take a day or more to do this. Now it is no longer a deep hole that is hard to clean. You can wipe it with your thumb to clean it.

What I really did was make the last coat fluorescent orange over the white. It now stands out very well. To many coats of the orange made it dull, just a final coat over the white base made it bright.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Don said:
I used a toothpick and white enamel model paint to fill mine in. Put in a bit, let it dry and repeat until it is nearly flush/filled. It will take a day or more to do this. Now it is no longer a deep hole that is hard to clean. You can wipe it with your thumb to clean it.

What I really did was make the last coat fluorescent orange over the white. It now stands out very well. To many coats of the orange made it dull, just a final coat over the white base made it bright.
hey don, how well does the model paint hold up? I've used my testor's brand model enamel on some other things and it wasn't very resilient.

·
Registered
527 Posts
jwright74 said:
1) The slide doesn't stay open after the last round
Try shooting left it handed. Sometimes the right hand thumb rides the slide lock, keeping it down. Of course if your already shooting lefty and the slide still won't lock open, you might need to check the mags.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the advice. I am going to go right now and try to clean the front post. Hopefully that will clean it, but on the other hand if it doesn't then I will have a good excuse to go ahead and get night sights!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts