Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my mom told my dad, that he could spend $500 on himself for Christmas. We took a trip up to Gander Mountain today. He called ahead of time, and they said they had some XD's for $549. They did, but not in a .40. They had a .40 serive $619, and a tachtical $579. He went with a [email protected] [email protected]. It was $549, with either $50 mail in rebate or two free mags. He really wanted another XD, which would have made his third.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The m&p is a fine gun as well as the XD

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for an XDm 40 Tactical. I live around Houston and
I haven't seen any. I was also wondering if I have to send it back
to the Armory to get the Competition upgrade or can I somehow order it that way?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah my dad is lucky, he has a nice little collection going. Unfortunatly I do not have the funds, to buy like he can :(. Though when I get my tax returns I may buy a another .40 tachtical. Mount a weapons light on it, and use that for just home defence and my service for carry.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
All XD's in my area are well below what he paid for the M&P.

XDSC or Service in 9mm or 40 is 479.99

XD45 Service or Compact is 499.99

They have steadily been these prices...

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'll have to try that approach next Christmas and see if I convince my wife to let me buy my own gift:mrgreen:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Gander Mountain is consistently high on their gun prices. The nearest Gander is about an hour away in a bigger city, yet the two gun dealers in my small town easily beat Gander on prices.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just bought an XD40sc at Carter's Country in Houston for $499 over the weekend, but I think that was a sale price. Not sure what the regular price was.

Blancosdad, you might check Carter's Country on the Katy Freeway if it isn't too far from you. They had a couple XDm's when I was there. They also seem to be able to get stuff ordered from SA pretty quickly.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wow I thought prices around here were expensive in MD. Went Monday to purchase my first hand gun (XD9 Tact) and 9mm and .40 Service models are going for $550-570 up here, at least at both places I went to. Tact's are bitones are more. I see most can easily beat those prices though.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
I have been looking for a .45acp Tactical Bi-Tone. The only store in the Detroit area that has on is Gander Mountain. They want $650.00 for it, Guns Galore about an hour drive has them for $550.00. I was hoping to find one closer to 500.00, but have had no luck. I have seen a few online but the shipping and transfer fees screw that up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found mine at BudsGunshop.com. Paid $466 including shipping for my 357 sig service. Had to pay $25 ffl transfer fee, but it was still cheaper than anything around here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I found mine at BudsGunshop.com. Paid $466 including shipping for my 357 sig service. Had to pay $25 ffl transfer fee, but it was still cheaper than anything around here.
Both of my XD's came from Bud's and I'm happy with Bud's and the cost. If you are going to buy from Bud's, I strongly urge you to pay the additional 1% and have your purchase/shipment insured.

If your handgun, shipped via USPS, is lost in transit; you'll be SOL without the insurance. 10-4?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been looking for a .45acp Tactical Bi-Tone. The only store in the Detroit area that has on is Gander Mountain. They want $650.00 for it, Guns Galore about an hour drive has them for $550.00. I was hoping to find one closer to 500.00, but have had no luck. I have seen a few online but the shipping and transfer fees screw that up.
With shipping + FFL fees, it should add $40-60 to your online order
If you buy local don't forget your taxes.

So technically, a $500 online price is equivalent to a $500 store price, except an in-store purchase means you get to handle it and you get it now.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
With shipping + FFL fees, it should add $40-60 to your on line order
If you buy local don't forget your taxes.

So technically, a $500 on line price is equivalent to a $500 store price, except an in-store purchase means you get to handle it and you get it now.
You are correct, unfortunately after rereading my post it did not come out the way it was supposed to. I first tried to show the OP that Gander Mountain is 100.00 more than another dealer in the area.
And the other part about the 500.00 was intended to be a final price. I was looking on line for a price in the 470.00 range, which would end at roughly 520.00 after fees. Anything local is minimum 550.00 before tax. The best on line price so far has been 500.00 on gun broker, with a 20.00 shipping and then my guy here is 25.00 to transfer so on line is actually cheaper by about 35.00 final price in this case. They have to ship over night so one day delay will not kill me.

I am cheap so that is why I have not got it yet. I am still waiting for the great deal.

Sorry I wasn't clear in the last post.

BTW I just ordered my first gun on line this past month, I ordered an AR for 200.00 cheaper than any local dealer, with the same delivery schedule as a local shop (it had to be custom ordered even from the locals) all my other guns have come from a local store, but times are tough so at this moment, I can not contribute the extra.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear that the times are tough for everyone, unless you are well to do. Hell I go everywhere, just to see who is the cheapest on ammo.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts