Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I purchased my XD 9 service Bi-tone about 4 months ago in PA for $375 or so... I have since moved back to NY I wondered over to Gander Mountain.. GET THIS...a regular blued 9mm is going for $469! Damn, that's rediculous! :roll: :evil:

Has anyone else noticed the hike up in prices!?

(sorry if this has been brought up recently, I haven't been on lately due to my move and signing over my gun to a buddy since I have to wait a damn year and a half to get a permit in NY)

·
Registered
778 Posts
the best time to buy was when everyone was trying to sell of their stock of XD's with 10-round magazines. Our only hope is that they release 100-round magazines soon.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
+1 demand determines the price. The XDs are quickly becoming very popular. Springfield can't make them fast enough! Look at your local gun shops. I picked up my 2nd XD-9 subbie "used but never fired" about 2 months ago, for only $330.

I think I saw a package deal for a new 4" service model, w/ holster and (3) 16-round mags for $530. That was at Gallery of Guns. you can search them here: http://www.galleryofguns.com/gungallery/PowerSearch/powerSearch.asp

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
My local sporting-goods store can't seem to sell them. They had them priced (all of them, "non-special pack" w/ holster, 3 mags, etc) for 499.99 plus tax. Finally they dropped them down to 449.99 which is still not a great price. Perhaps that's why they just sit there and collect dust (they've had the same 3 XDs for over a year). It's also why I rode my moto 3 hours in the 100 degree heat (one way, 6 hours total) to pick mine up. Still cost about 60 bucks less even w/ the ~10 dollars I spent in gas. Not to mention getting the chance to see the parents. All in all, I havn't seen any price hikes on the XD up around these parts. Probably because they're already hiked.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually gas has dropped in this blue state that I live in! $2.51 a gallon for 87 Octane!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
YakSpout said:
Come to California. You'll feel better about the prices of gas and guns in your area.
LOL, Kommunist Kalifornia...no offense, but I think everthing about Cali makes me feel better about living anywhere else. Maybe someday an earthquake will just make it sink into the Pacific and put us all out of our misery...just don't come to Colorado if that actually happens. We've reached our californian quota. :shock:

Anyhoo, my XD-9 Service in black was $470 new with SA's promo- cheapy holster and 3 hi-cap mags. This was near the end of August. I still think it was a good deal. Anything under $500 is well worth it IMO.

Sorry for the Kali rip, I just couldn't resist.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Vtwin said:
(sorry if this has been brought up recently, I haven't been on lately due to my move and signing over my gun to a buddy since I have to wait a damn year and a half to get a permit in NY)
18 months to get a permit in NY??? Good luck... Last I heard unless you are a celeberity or a politician you did'nt have a snow balls chance in hell of geting a permit in NY. I thought I read somewhere might have been Packing.org that NY only issued 54 permits to PRIVATE citizens in 2003. I can't remember though if that was NYC or the entire state of NY. I know Rudy G. is a gun control advocate and he implemented some tuff gun laws in the city, But I am not sure if he was successfull in lobbying the state into implementing the same laws.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Vtwin said:
Actually gas has dropped in this blue state that I live in! $2.51 a gallon for 87 Octane!!!
I filled up today at $2.19 in GA...

·
Registered
215 Posts
xd4life said:
Vtwin said:
18 months to get a permit in NY??? Good luck... Last I heard unless you are a celeberity or a politician you did'nt have a snow balls chance in hell of geting a permit in NY. I thought I read somewhere might have been Packing.org that NY only issued 54 permits to PRIVATE citizens in 2003. I can't remember though if that was NYC or the entire state of NY. I know Rudy G. is a gun control advocate and he implemented some tuff gun laws in the city, But I am not sure if he was successfull in lobbying the state into implementing the same laws.
You need to know if you are talking about NY (State), or NY City.
Quite different stories in obtaining a CCW.

NYC is ultra difficult, takes a long time, if at all. Goes through NYPD.
Similar for Westchester, Nassau, and Suffolk counties.
I never even tried for a target permit in NYC, just held a Rifle/Shotgun permit in NYC.

Anywhere else in NYS, you file with the individual county sheriffs. Some counties are firearm friendly, some are not, but you should have an answer in 6 months or less (this info comes from my hubby, who got his handgun permit in Orange County, NY)

Of course, moving to PA made everything just so much simpler.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey, Nowadays, if you find an XD for under $500 (barring gun shows, which have killer deals) you're probably getting a good deal. Just be glad you're getting an awesome weapon for far less than it's worth.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My gun dealer (near Atlanta) told me that XDs were outselling Glocks about 3 to 1 lately. That was about a month ago.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My local gun store didn't even carry XD's on the shelf, until recently, now they have several in stock at $440.00 to $470.00. They spec. ordered my Bi-tone subby for $430.00, got my Tactical for for $450.00 and a slightly used Service for $340.00. All .40 S&W. They have always been a Glock shop, but are seeing the light. Northern Illinois location.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
It's really a mixed bag. With popularity the price increases, but the availability of parts and accessories do as well. The only way I see the price going down is if production is increased and the quality of the product remains the same or people stop buying them. :shock:

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
someone should change the subject title to "Krackels Econ Lesson"... can we get a "popularity curve model" for that one? Maybe a production possibilities chart? ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Gander Mtn. Huber Heights, Ohio has the 4" black 9mm and 40 for 419.99 and the 3" 9mm and 40 are 439.99 as their everyday price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
David_4, I also saw the XD's up at Gander Mountain, I talked one of my buddies out of a glock and into a springfield... he said he loves it.... Also, here lately gas dropped down to around $2.05 in huber heights.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts