Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I suggest taking a look at Bud's GunShop online.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
"supohunter" on GunBroker.com, the shop is Woodburry Outfitters in Ohio.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would recommend finding a local gun dealer who will give you a good price to receive the gun from a website. Because federal law says you can't just have it shipped to your house, you have to have it sent to an authorized dealer. They'll charge you a fee for that. The shop near me wanted almost $100 for the transfer, which would negate any price break I could get online. So maybe find someone who'll do it for cheap first.

Also beware, some are selling just bare xd's now without the package (magazines, holster, etc.), which is cool if you don't want that stuff, but I'd hate to be surprised.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Support your locally owned gun store.

I personally don't mind spending a couple of $'s extra to ensure "mom & pop" stay in business.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Usually there is a local dealer that will do the transfer for $20-$30. Gunbroker.com actually has a page with dealers that do transfers. Thats how I found the little place that got me my XD. I ended up having him order me a custom XD right from Sprinfield. Charged me $50 over his cost to do it. And he'll order anything you want for $50 over cost.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got mine from Impact Guns and would have only waited a couple weeks but got placed on backorder... however they did offer a relatively good price at 473.00 for an OD green xd40 svc. But do supportyour local shop. Transfer fees suck big time man

Cadet Wilson

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Support your locally owned gun store.

I personally don't mind spending a couple of $'s extra to ensure "mom & pop" stay in business.
I am with you on that, but unfortunately there are many out there who don't have a good local store. I am all about supporting "Mom and Pop", but not "Dumb and Dumber" and they are more often found.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
My buyer had a terrible dealer that didn't want to receive his gun, my gunshop found him one that was happy to take it and was right on his way to work, he didn't even know they existed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts