Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to finally see a ported xd at the store today.

That is one, mean looking gun!

I wouldn't mind adding it to the collection. I've neve shot ported before, so it would be something different.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I am still not 100% sold on the ported idea. I like shooting my XD-9 V-10, but still can't figure out what the advantage really is. Sure it does what it's suppose to, but not sure if its really worth it.

Now, in the "looks" department it's got alot going for it. Mean looking vent holes in the barrel and a milled out slide makes it look like the gills on a shark :twisted:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. IMO, its the best looking gun out of the XD's. I think it looks really cool.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Just do not try to shoot +P ammo with it. Springfield warns against it in their manual. Must be due to a compromised barrel/slide not being able to take the load like a non-ported. Functionality is the coolest attribute.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like my .40 a lot - I would guess the +P recommendation is because there's a significant backblast while the gun is cycling. I find it a heck of a lot of fun - very smooth, recoil is very similar to a non-ported 9mm.

If you're getting a ported, I'd recommend getting the .40 - you can get non-ported drop-in barrels for it in a good range of caliber, in case you want to do any competition shooting where the regs might force you to use a different gun.

T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts