Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get an XD .40. I am fairly new to these and saw a ported OD green for a good price. What is the difference between the ported and non-ported? I assume it is to lessen teh muzzle jump but it will be louder?

Any advice as to whether this is a good feature or not on the XD's?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not really a whole bunch louder, but I know from owning the earlier models of the ported that Springfield had some problems with the ported section of the slide snapping off...If you do a search on ported problems, I'm sure someone has a picture of it...Springfield may have fixed the problem by now though...just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looking to get an XD .40. I am fairly new to these and saw a ported OD green for a good price. What is the difference between the ported and non-ported? I assume it is to lessen teh muzzle jump but it will be louder?

Any advice as to whether this is a good feature or not on the XD's?
Check out pages 29-30 of the XD Operation and Safety Manual (downloadable) for a thorough explanation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The new V10's don't have a slide cracking issue. And those that had the issue were replaced under warranty.

Mine is perfect and I love it.

The porting does not do anything for recoil, if it does, it is slight... porting is to minimize muzzle flip, and it does this exceptionally well.

Do a search here on the forum for "ported" or "v10" and you'll see a lot of our posts on the matter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think agree, i put 100 rounds down range already with mine and it felt great. I'm heading back to the range tomorrow night with 200 rounds this time:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts