Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, New to the site. After hearing so many good reports about the XD I thought I would buy one. That is until I found out that Springfield will not sell parts. I do machine work for several gunsmiths and have worked on guns for over 25 years. I take care of my own guns. Has anybody here found a way to get parts through another source? Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Welcome. It is nice to know that we have
a crack good machinist on board now,
especially one who is knowledgeable about
firearms.

No dice on any parts for the XD. SA controls
all the import parts as of right now.

If SA does not straighten up and fly right, I
believe that the XD spare/replacement parts
area is wide open for someone like yourself.

I know, you probably make proto and one of
a kind stuff, unless you have a CAD/CAM machine
at your disposal. Now! that would be good to hear
about.

Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Ed. I wanted a XD because there is local IDPA group that would be easy to shoot with. I do have a manufactoring facility with the latest in cad/cam set up. Problem is I am currently finishing up prototypes of a bullpup shotgun and a tactical rifle that I am trying to get to market. The parts do not just make themselves. Far easier to buy it if somebody else is already making it. Springfield is going to lose my business over this. I talked to the Walther people today and they assured me if I purchase a P99 they will sell me any parts that I want. I am going to handle one tomorrow and if I see it as a workable platform I will buy it. I have dealt with a previous owner of Springfield and this situation would have never occured with him. Springfield is hurting themselves in the long run with this practice.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are you guys saying Springfield will not sell you parts if something on your gun breaks? If my slide stop broke, I can't get a new one?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Previous owner? The Reese family has always owned SA and Springfield Inc. as far as I know.
Rich

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
RIIID said:
Previous owner? The Reese family has always owned SA and Springfield Inc. as far as I know.
Rich
Rich, the Reese brothers have stepped down from the
day to day managment of SA. They now have on
board a few bright MBA's who are screwing with the
ol' way of doing business, and that includes customer
service. A bunch of bean counters in other words.

It will show in the long run and maybe the short run
as we have just heard a testiment from a prospective
buyer of the SA-XD who is turning his head to the XD
and probably will purchase another brand firearm.

This subject was brought up a few months ago and
not much attention was paid to it. I personally feel
that SA should get their heads out of you know where
and start listening to the customer. WE WANT SPARE
PARTS to purchase and not have to beg SA
to get them. I should be able to contact SA and tell
them what I want, pay for the order and let SA send
it to me.

My days are made of dreams though.

Ed

·
Registered
135 Posts
RIIID said:
Rich
The first time they tell me it is not owner sevicable I will tell them fine, they can issue a pick up for the defective gun to have it repaired. There is not much on an XD as far as replacing parts that can't be done by the owner. They can spend their $50.00 shipping guns all over the country next day air to have broken trigger springs or whatever replaced.

I have a couple Glocks and I keep some spare parts on hand and have had to use them more than once.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
gaspipes said:
RIIID said:
Rich
The first time they tell me it is not owner sevicable I will tell them fine, they can issue a pick up for the defective gun to have it repaired. There is not much on an XD as far as replacing parts that can't be done by the owner. They can spend their $50.00 shipping guns all over the country next day air to have broken trigger springs or whatever replaced.

I have a couple Glocks and I keep some spare parts on hand and have had to use them more than once.
I just bought a grip saftey spring .I broke and some recoil asm. for my sub compact and Got there shipping account number to send the service in for a locking block. :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
gaspipes said:
RIIID said:
Rich

LOL oddly enough, they have no problems with paying shipping both ways.

·
Registered
135 Posts
bluebomberx said:
LOL oddly enough, they have no problems with paying shipping both ways.
Well, if that's what they want to do then that's fine. Seems like a waste of money to me. Shipping guns back and forth to replace .50 cent springs is nuts. But R/T posted he got parts so they must not worry about sending some out.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
You can get most springs ect .But locking block,slides,trigger bars ect are on the no sell list.if you go to ajames web site and get the part number you want.Email or call them say I need 38742x part you can buy a maximum number of three off any part.
I believe that the reasoning of this has to do with do it your self trigger jobs going bad.I also believe those of you with bigger pd's have someone that have taken the armors course.Can get any part.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ed,
Management and ownership is to different things.
Rich

1 - 14 of 14 Posts