Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to shooting in jan/05 I took a 1 day beginer gun safety class at the end of the class we were given the oppertunity to shoot 5 guns A glock 17 A XD 4" 9 A 1911 style 45 and 2 revolvers . I liked the glock and the XD so I decided two buy both of them. The XD came in first so I had it a month before the glock. After that class I was hooked I began shooting 6 days a week 200 to 400 rounds a day( I dont have a problem! ) I wanted to favor the glock based on my research on the web and in print before I got it I had built up in my mind as the perfect gun that was a modern masterpiece and all other guns live in its shadow ( Based on the number of web sites dedicated to it) Anyhow after 6 months thousands of rounds and 50$ a pop private lessons once a week its clear to me that the XD is a far better gun.
Sorry about the long post I will get better

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's pretty nice in here. Most of the time. What type of lessons are you taking for the $50 pop? If you're going to be shooting that much every day I would think seriously about getting a nice Dillon reloader.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lessons are an hour long and based on gettin me into competition they are worth the money just for the fact that we have half the range to use alone and i cant realy draw from holster or shoot and move anywere else in my area santa rosa calif thers only 1 range in the whole county I think I will put an advantage arms 22 conversion on the glock to lower my ammo costs I am currantly shootin winchester white box from wal-mart

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the 9 as I am new to guns I felt it was the safe choice. The local range/dealer has a sub 9 in stock that I think will be my next purchase after that I will probible go for a 40 5".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts