Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally do not care all that much for the .40 in general. I am looking to buy a 9mm. Question is XD tactical or XDm 9mm? I don't think I could go wrong with either. But is the XDm worth the almost $150? Seeing the XD is becoming cheaper. Just curious and any opinion is welcomed. Even if you call me a moron for asking. Mike

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Personally, between a XD9 Tac and an XDm 9mm I'd take the XDm.

3 more rounds in the mag, match grade barrel, slightly less crappy trigger, better sights, changeable backstraps... I don't know if that's worth $150 to you, but my next XD is going to be an XDm.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Go to your local store and hold them. I had every intention of getting the XDm9. But when I actually compared it in my hand to the XD9, the M was way to big for my small hands. The regular XD just fit better. To me it is all about what feels right, not what looks cool. Anyway, I walked out with a new XD9 4", and my buddy with grizzley sized hands that wanted a regular XD, walked out with an XDm40.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Go to your local store and hold them. I had every intention of getting the XDm9. But when I actually compared it in my hand to the XD9, the M was way to big for my small hands. The regular XD just fit better. To me it is all about what feels right, not what looks cool. Anyway, I walked out with a new XD9 4", and my buddy with grizzley sized hands that wanted a regular XD, walked out with an XDm40.
He's right you do need to hold and probably shoot both. However, I liked the feel of the XDm better in my hand than my 40 Service. My next handgun will be an XDm in 9mm...

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've switched out everything I had in .40 for 9mm, and I think once the prices come down a little I'd like to have an XDm 9mm. The XD fits my hand perfectly so the interchangeable backstraps isn't a big deal for me, but I like some of the other features. Plus it's always fun just to get another gun :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts