Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I didn't know this forum was here - just found out today. :) It's got no description on it, so I had no idea what it was.

Many folks likely already know this, but the XD has recently been added to the list of Production guns for IPSC. Good news, I think. Of course it's been on the USPSA list for some time.

Scott

·
Registered
74 Posts
i just shot ipsc production yesterday for the first time it felt like i had a more fair advantage than shooting in the standard division it,s about time 8)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Where did you hear this from??

According the the USPSA site, the XD is still only legal for USPSA, not IPSC.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I originally found this info at Brian Enos' website. It was posted at the IPSC Global Village (which I haven't yet registered for), but here's the pertinent info, reposted from Brian Enos's website:

Below is a brief summary of some important decisions made jointly and unanimously by the members of the Rules Committee and the Production Division Committee present at the recent meetings held in conjunction with the IWA Show in Germany, and these decisions have been endorsed by the IPSC Executive Council:

1. The following guns are no longer approved:

CZ P-01 and SP-01 Series
Tanfoglio Stock Custom
Sphinx 3000 Series

The reason is that the above guns all have long dust covers.

2. The following guns are now approved:

HS Produkt HS 2000 Series
Springfield Armory XD Series

An official Rule Interpretation will shortly be issued in respect of Rule 8.1.5.2. along the lines of "Striker-fired pistols are generally classified as Double Action", however please note that the H&K P7 series and the Browning HP series remain classified as Single-Action, and therefore continue not to be approved for Production Division.

3. Maximum number of rounds loaded:

Proposal rejected, so no change to current rules. Hence whatever is the capacity of the standard magazine of a gun on the approved gun list can be loaded and fired.

4. Rules on Sights:

Although I cannot yet advise the exact wording of the forthcoming change to the Sights Rules in Production Division, the decision is that any aftermarket "post & notch sights" will be permitted, regardless of whether or not they are available from the OFM. Note that Ghost Ring sights are specifically excluded.

5. Disclaimer:

Please note that the above information is given as a "bulletin", and the exact wording of official Rule Interpretations released by IPSC take precedence.
You can see the updated list at the IPSC website here IPSC Approved Production Handguns if you want to see the whole list.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts