Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I further researched my gun purchase I realized that for some reason the XD's are not on Massachusetts (communist country) Approved Firearms Roster. I am currently out of state but am a resident of MA.

I figured since every Glock is on there, there would be no reason why the XD would not be. I have called Springfield Armory and they said they have tried and tried to get it on the list but keep failing. I also called my MA Attorney General's office and I am waiting back from them.

I am so angry right now. There does not seem to be any way I can get this gun unless the state for some reason adds it to the list but according to Springfield they have been trying.

You have to love Taxachusetts, and people continued to vote for Kerry, if they only knew what goes on up there.

IrishIron

·
Registered
397 Posts
why would it keep failing thier test??????????

It passes Kommiefornia's tests.....................

Do we all own an unsafe gun?????? :twisted:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am waiting to hear what the AG's office tells me. Like I said I can't believe Glocks litter the list even without a safety.

Once I hear back I will post what they say. It should be interesting.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
cole505 said:
Brickboy240 said:
It must suck, to live in a blue state.
Sorry, there's no such thing is a "Blue State". There are "Red Sates" and "Blue Counties". Look at the map again.

cole

ROFL. I like that. That makes up for talking politics in the XD forum :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let me get this straight, If you live in MA, you can only buy guns that are approved by the state? And we're not talking megaguns like that .50 caliber thing that california denies people to buy, but "regular" guns. How do guns make or fail to make the list? The XD not being on the approvedl list seems absurd.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One of the many things that is great about Mississippi is that we love all guns. Sorry to hear that you live in such a repressive regime! You are always welcome here! :D :D :D

"Virtute Et Armis!"
By Valor and ARMS! - State Motto of Mississippi

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't live in Mass, but numerous threads have appeared on GlockTalk and elsewhere, and apparently the AG of Mass has made all Glocks after a certain date also illegal to sell to civilians. They made the list for about two weeks before the order went out to gun dealers to undo the sales. Check carefully before buying a Glock, too. Early 90's guns seem to be okay. Again, I can't verify all this is true, but someone from Mass. will chime in. You just may be buying a Sig or something whether you want to or not...

Oh, and before the Mass people come online... as a fan of the Colts, you Patriots at least have to suffer under an oppressive gun-fearing government that I don't... (ahhhhhh... I feel a little better now!).

Congratulations... you beat us again, and made our offense panic and play a really strange game plan. We got thumped.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
That is a major bummer. :x

Im so glad I don't live in a state that is run by "Red Diaper Doper Babies"

I have lived in "blue states" in the past and will never go back….except to visit family.

Did you know....

Massachusetts State Constitution
Declaration of Rights
Part I
Article XVII:

The people have a right to keep and bear arms for the common defense. And as, in the time of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military power shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
WOW thats crazy... It's on the California list. Except for the XD 5 inch barrels. The only way I can get a 5 inch XD is through a private dealer. Will that will for you in your state???

RESS

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess I am the only Liberal here that likes guns. Ya know, I care about peoples rights......not just the right to bear. Basing a political view on owning a gun is just infantile.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Basing a political view on owning a gun is just infantile.
And also right, 90% of the time. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
GunFUNaTIK said:
WOW thats crazy... It's on the California list. Except for the XD 5 inch barrels. The only way I can get a 5 inch XD is through a private dealer. Will that will for you in your state???

RESS
The 5" *IS* approved for California. It was only placed on the list later in 2004. I own one that I purchased in early November, in Oceanside CA.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
paranoid said:
Do we all own an unsafe gun?????? :twisted:
In Massachusetts...only if it shoots. :roll:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
schigara said:
I guess I am the only Liberal here that likes guns.
Nope, you're not. Pay a visit to the Political View forum here, you'll find some like minded libs there. I'm not one of them, but I'll be happy to thrash you in any debate you care to engage me in. :mrgreen:

Just kidding (well maybe only half kidding). Regardless of political persuasion, this is the place to get together and realize that the other side isn't as bad as the propaganda machines make them out to be. We all love our XD's, therefore in some strange convoluted way we all love eachother. A little. Perhaps.

AND HOLY COW, we got somebody from Mass AND New Hampshire! Finally some folks from my neck of the woods! I work in MA, live in RI. IrishIron, where you at? You can go ahead an buy an XD and keep it at my house. :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts