Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what mods everyone has on there XD's.

Me- XD Tactical in .40sw, with A Lasermax, green/green Meprolight
Tru-Dot sights, & Extended mag release. I waunt to do something with the grip,
I HATE the hogue slip on grips,and i don't waunt the "sandpaper"
stick-on grips. was think'n about the rubber sitck-on grips that are sold on
the home-page of this site. I was also thinking about geting the mag well
bevel that i have seen, but it has a small screw sticking out of the rear
that looks like it would bite. :shock:

·
Registered
459 Posts
GET a Hogue. They're 10 bucks. If you dont like it, oh well. But it makes the grip feel way more secure and comfortable. Especially if you have large hands. A little trimming is required though.

Tombo

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i dont have any "mods". they dont improve anything... if it aint broke dont fix it.

EDIT: i take that back... i have a Dons Guide Rod.... its a must have. mine broke, and i fixed it with a DGR.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
One simple mod, after a rather long and complicated effort to identify a potential problem:

http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=15563&highlight=

The newer guns may not even need it. I have looked at a few recent .40's and I suspect that they are putting shorter slide-lock studs in them than they used to.

Other than that? Shoot it. Mine is getting close to 2500+ trouble-free rounds of all bullet types. The trigger has smoothed up, and the groups get smaller until the gun "wears in." Oh, you can bolt or spray anything on there that suits your fancy, but I have found that the basic design needs almost nothing to make it shoot well, and reliably. Spend your money on ammo, and you'll be a much better shot in the end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have found that the basic design needs almost nothing to make it shoot well, and reliably. Spend your money on ammo, and you'll be a much better shot in the end.

lol, I shoot "well" now....I'm just one of those waco's who likes to
"trick-out" everything I own :lol: .

GET a Hogue. They're 10 bucks. If you dont like it, oh well. But it makes the grip feel way more secure and comfortable. Especially if you have large hands. A little trimming is required though.

The first thin I got for my XD was A Hogue. After 4-5 clips of ammo,
the damn thig starts to twist, so I have to stop, fix it, and contenue shooting. A real pain. (Thay look like crap too.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Xenth said:
The first thin I got for my XD was A Hogue. After 4-5 clips of ammo, the damn thig starts to twist, so I have to stop, fix it, and contenue shooting. A real pain. (Thay look like crap too.)
Take it off, clean everything, and use a little hairspray as you put it back on.

Dan

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the same problem with the Hogue grip, it would twist and move up and down. What I did was...get a Bike Inner tube. I cut out a "custom" design and put it on...best grip I have ever owned. I have since used this Tube-grip on every handgun I own...except the Glock, I don't shoot it much anymore and it has those dammm finger grooves.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Xenth said:
I'm wondering what mods everyone has on there XD's.

Me- XD Tactical in .40sw, with A Lasermax, green/green Meprolight
Tru-Dot sights, & Extended mag release. I waunt to do something with the grip,
I HATE the hogue slip on grips,and i don't waunt the "sandpaper"
stick-on grips. was think'n about the rubber sitck-on grips that are sold on
the home-page of this site. I was also thinking about geting the mag well
bevel that i have seen, but it has a small screw sticking out of the rear
that looks like it would bite. :shock:
I first put the decal-grip on my XD40, that helped a lot. Then on a whim and because I was ordering a DGR anyway, and I have always liked the Glock finger grooves I originally shot, I ordered a Pachmyr grip with the finger grooves and put it on OVER the decal-grips. It is great, and IMO makes a great feeling gun even better. It just feels so natural in my hands now. YMMV obviously, find the thing that works for you.

I just purchased a light, not really sure that counts as a "mod" but rather an addition.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
lol, I shoot "well" now....I'm just one of those waco's who likes to
"trick-out" everything I own .
Nothing wrong with that. You should have seen some of the sixguns and 1911's I have carried on duty, back when such things were not frowned upon. I probably carried the last stag-handled duty gun in the KC metro area.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
The only "extra" on my XD SC 9 are the Heine Slant 8 night sights. I didn't have any choice tho as that is the only way LAPD orders/sells the gun. Tho they are a $75 addition, it still cost me $100 less for the gun than if I had gone to the local gun chain out here and I got 3, not 2 mags.

If the finish ever goes, I'll get that and I might get a laser just for the hell of it one of these days.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SWEET DEAL!!
(im good frinds with the people who fun the gun store in S.F., so I get my
"toys" at the dealer's price :wink: )

·
Registered
93 Posts
TOMBO said:

Tombo
Amen!! I bought one a month or so back and love it. Next is a Don's Guiderod and gunkote. Thats all I need. heh

CHEERS! 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts