Springfield XD Forum banner

Did I make a smart move trading a 2 year old XDs 45 for a brand new Mod 2 9mm?

• You chose poorly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the site, but definitely a long time fan of SA. Wanted to share with you my testing of both the Mod 2 and the G26 as I was looking for a new carry. Found a range that rented both.

The first 10 shots were fired at the 5 yard line. I took my time on each one just to see what I perceive as the differences between the 2. I immediately fell for the Mod 2.

During the range time, I shot between 3 yards and 20 yards.

The last 10 were fired at the 3 yard line, but at a rapid pace (I wouldn't say double tap pace, but quicker for me).

After leaving the range, I quickly put my XDs 45acp up for trade and got an immediate response for a brand new, Mod 2 in 9mm. Although I preferred to stick with a 45 caliber, I just wanted the Mod 2 badly.

Drove me nuts that the Service Model was just released, but I had to remember the reason why I wanted a subcompact in the first place.

Guess I'll wait until they release the Mod 2 in 45acp (I'm hoping quickly) so that I can add to my collection.

Going to the range tomorrow to break in the Mod 2 as well as a G43 which I purchased for my wife. Probably will post those results as well.

Anyways, wanted to share and hear your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
To me I think that you did good, I had the XDs .45 but I sold it to buy something else, I want to said welcome to the site. I have been looking at getting another .45 myself but just don't have the money yet and don't know what I want yet.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm kind of indifferent since I think they both have their place. I have the XDs in 9 and like it. I have the Mod2 in .45, but I'm thinking about trading it but its gonna be hard because I really like it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also recently traded my XDs .45 for the MOD 2 9mm. I love both but just can't afford to keep both right now. Like many people, I would prefer .45 but 9mm is a very solid round as well. The selling point for me is capacity. I feel much more comfortable with 14 now than I did with 6 before.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Capacity can be a big factor. Especially when it comes to similar sized weight firearms.

I find the xd subcompact carrys well for what it is. It's really all about your preference.

After quality of the firearm, and accuracy, this really is about what the owner thinks!

Sometimes this becomes a Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge vs toyota etc... They all may do the job, and work everyday... after that it's how you personally feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts