Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My website with pictures and review.
XD Mod.2 XD-HS2000.com

If you have any questions let me know and I will answer them as I can.

The dovetail is the same as any other classic XD, XDM & XDS.

Sights: front sight is XDS front sight, rear is XDM "G" sight.

Internals: I would say 98% of the MOD.2 and classic XD are enter changeable. So all of the current PRP/ Springer trigger kits, grip safeties etc will work with the MOD.2

Holsters: I can't speak for every holster, but all of them that I have tired do work.

Cost: My sources tell me that this will be the same price as current XD extras packages. But they also say that SA will continue to sell the classic XD essentials packages without the extras and in limited models with the 399.00 price. Current prices will essentially stay the same.

My sources say that basically there will be 4 lines now Classic XD, MOD.2, XDM & XDS for right now. Different people require different things and SA wants to accommodate everyone. For example it was important to them to keep the essentials package. The essentials package does not get much fan fare, but if you think about it at 399.00 you are getting a top tier pistol for cheaper that Glock's law enforcement pricing. But the grip is nice on the MOD.2 go to a store and hold a classic and MOD.2 you will feel a difference.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Too Bad it didn't come in .45 ACP.

Reactions: h20squirter

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
My website with pictures and review.
XD Mod.2 XD-HS2000.com

If you have any questions let me know and I will answer them as I can.

The dovetail is the same as any other classic XD, XDM & XDS.

Sights: front sight is XDS front sight, rear is XDM "G" sight.

Internals: I would say 98% of the MOD.2 and classic XD are enter changeable. So all of the current PRP/ Springer trigger kits, grip safeties etc will work with the MOD.2

Holsters: I can't speak for every holster, but all of them that I have tired do work.

Cost: My sources tell me that this will be the same price as current XD extras packages. But they also say that SA will continue to sell the classic XD essentials packages without the extras and in limited models with the 399.00 price. Current prices will essentially stay the same.

My sources say that basically there will be 4 lines now Classic XD, MOD.2, XDM & XDS for right now. Different people require different things and SA wants to accommodate everyone. For example it was important to them to keep the essentials package. The essentials package does not get much fan fare, but if you think about it at 399.00 you are getting a top tier pistol for cheaper that Glock's law enforcement pricing. But the grip is nice on the MOD.2 go to a store and hold a classic and MOD.2 you will feel a difference.

What about the width? Does it feel as chunky inside the waistband? I saw that they had made it thinner (almost as thin as a Glock) and cut about 5oz off the weight. Those were a couple things i was looking at.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
What about the width? Does it feel as chunky inside the waistband? I saw that they had made it thinner (almost as thin as a Glock) and cut about 5oz off the weight. Those were a couple things i was looking at.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Whether you like the new pistol,or not, have to hand it to springfield marketing, reaching out like they have . Gun duel, free mag deal, this, etc. I really like thier sales dept. Great customer service, and top it off with a very well made pistol. Other companies could take a lesson here .
The. New pistol? Guess I need to hold it to see if it sparks me. sounds like they listened to the people again, xdm more agressive , now this for the people who complained it was too much .

My2€

·
Registered
265 Posts
Impressive! I always felt my SC 40 could and should be a little more streamline since it is one of my CCW pistols. I particularly like the trimmed down slide. Looking forward to handling one. SA continues to put out impressive products.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Great vid and interesting weapon. I wish they hadn't put "Grip Zone" on the gun. It's cheesy.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I currently have an XDsc .40 that I have rubber grip tape on and a modified Pierce extension. I have carried it exclusively OWB since I got my XDs 3.3 9mm. I still have IWB holsters for my XDsc but have carried only my XDs IWB. I like the improved grip texture but you can add me to the list of those that think adding "grip zone" is absolutely pointless. I would not consider it a deal breaker. My initial reaction was "Nice but not enough to make me want to trade." Now that I have watched some videos and seen some comparisons I am interested and would probably upgrade my current XDsc if I can find the right deal. If it is thinner I might consider carrying it more often. Right now my XDs gets a lot of carry time. I really like the improved sight picture as it would mirror my XDs. This will probably be a moot point in the future if I get night sights as I will get matching sights on both guns. Overall I like the improvements but will stick with what I have for now as my family budget is very tight. If I had the extra money... :)

Reactions: gunsaddict

·
Registered
471 Posts
I too think the "Grip Zone" thing is goofy. (The marketing and actual text, not the grip itself.) I have an XDsc40 but almost never carry it. I shoot it well and it's been extremely reliable but If I'm going to shove something that thick into my pants I usually move up to a full size pistol. The new model is lighter but does it feel appreciably slimmer?

@James: I think you meant "aesthetics" not "ascetics" in your writeup.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The grip reminds me of H&K, pretty nice looking. I'm not big on the 'Grip Zone' billboard either, but I don't that would stop me if I liked the feel of the gun.
Are they also making a full size model?

Reactions: gunsaddict

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looking forward to the entire classic line up having the Mod 2 makeover. I'd really like a tactical 9mm mod 2.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts