Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems with there xd mags bending? The metal on these mags are very soft and can easily bend. I noticed all my mag's were bent coming home from a USPSA match. Mag changes doping down on soft dirt made them bend. I could imagine what asphalt/concrete would of done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
First I've heard of it.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Me too. This is a first.

·
Registered
270 Posts
No problems with mine. Have had some for years and 1000's of rounds. Still straight.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
no problem for five mags I have dropped on hard AZ ground many times at matches. Even hit the rebar used for shooting boxes a few times, one got a nice scratch but no bend.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I added a pic of the points that I got bending on me all the time. This particular mag is not bent though. At most times i can bend them back but having it happen all the time is irritating and unreliable.
Sitting here with my magazines, they seem very, very well built and hard to bend. You must be really tough on your mags to bend them.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Try to compare how difficult/easy it is to bend the lips of your mags as compared to someone else's similar size/caliber mags. Occasionally (it seems) that a run of 'soft' mags comes out from SA. Usually not enough of a problem with most shooters to even notice, but competition shooters may have problems. Never encountered this myself, but in a couple years on the forum, there seems to be periodic groups of complaints. Contact SA, see what they can do on an exchange.
If you stepped on them, it does not count as a soft mag problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
common problem with xd mags. i have personally had these issues after doing speed reloads for quick fire drills. this is the very same problem some law enforcement departments are having with approving the xd due to the officers making the department pay for the mags after they have been damaged. if your not doing speed reloads where you are dropping mags on concrete then you should really have nothing to worry about.

fyi. . it has nothing to do with 40. it's an all around problem with all calibers due to how the magazines are manufactured.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have dropped,thrown down,stepped on,kicked ,on concrete mostly , all of the mags for my sub compact and Tactical XDs durring IDPA matches and training .

I don't even clean my mags and I have never had any issues what so ever.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
I've dropped each of these mags dozens of times. Never any damage and after recent dismantle, hardly any dirt or sand. Are these aftermarket ones or SA?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
common problem with xd mags. i have personally had these issues after doing speed reloads for quick fire drills. this is the very same problem some law enforcement departments are having with approving the xd due to the officers making the department pay for the mags after they have been damaged. if your not doing speed reloads where you are dropping mags on concrete then you should really have nothing to worry about.

fyi. . it has nothing to do with 40. it's an all around problem with all calibers due to how the magazines are manufactured.

"Common"? Not with mine nor the ones my buddies use. Guess we are lucky.

Then again, there are more threads about how hard it is to press the mag release when the mag is full...

·
Banned
38,920 Posts

1 - 20 of 39 Posts