Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 to replace my M-1 Carbine for plinking. It comes in several flavors, depending on which magazine it takes. Is the XD mag interchangable with any of these mags?

9mm: Glock 17, Glock 19, S&W 59, Beretta 92, SIG 226
.40 Cal: Glock 22, S&W 4006, Beretta 96, SIG 226

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You misunderstand.
I'm trying to figure out if there's a version of the Sub-2000 that will take my XD mags.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Now this is not from experence but i dont think the xd mag would work. The berretta and sig mags work in the xd but are longer and stick out about a 1/4inch so I would think that the xd mag would be a 1/4 in to short. But cutting the mag release would not be a problem.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
XD mags will NOT work in a Beretta CX4, so I doubt that they will work in the Kel-tec. On the other hand, Beretta mags (with modification) will work in both the CX4 and XD.

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
BBunin -

Can I have first dibs on the M-1 carbine?

Ed

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a Universal...............
If it was a REAL M-1 I wouldn't need to replace it. But I'm sick of it jamming about once every 20-30 rounds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you wouldnt modify the magazine catch on the Sub2000 you would have to put a new catch hole in your XD magazines to use them in the Sub2000 in addition to modifying your XD magazines you will have to cut down the grip on the Sub2000 so the XD can be fully inserted.

think the old magazine mods are in the forum still maybe not all of them.

should be able to do the same to the Beretta Storm carbine though I am not familiar with it. but would be easier to cut up a cheap kel-tec carbine than a Beretta which cost twice the price of Kel-tec. for some models of carbines all they do is shorten the grip in cheap manner not always a clean job.

could use beretta mags in the XD though wont fit flush might want to put some epoxy on baseplate to avoid over insertion which damaged a few ejectors though believe they were older model ejectors think new ones are stronger.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
mrapathy2000 said:
you wouldnt modify the magazine catch on the Sub2000 you would have to put a new catch hole in your XD magazines to use them in the Sub2000 in addition to modifying your XD magazines you will have to cut down the grip on the Sub2000 so the XD can be fully inserted.

think the old magazine mods are in the forum still maybe not all of them.

should be able to do the same to the Beretta Storm carbine though I am not familiar with it. but would be easier to cut up a cheap kel-tec carbine than a Beretta which cost twice the price of Kel-tec. for some models of carbines all they do is shorten the grip in cheap manner not always a clean job.

could use beretta mags in the XD though wont fit flush might want to put some epoxy on baseplate to avoid over insertion which damaged a few ejectors though believe they were older model ejectors think new ones are stronger.
I think it would be far smarter to modify Beretta mags to fit an XD than to cut up the grip frame on a Kel-tec or Storm to accept XD mags. If nothing else, consider resale value.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts