Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to purchase my first handgun, and after holding onto many in the stores, trying a few out at the range - I think I am ready to buy. But I noticed in the threads here (and from all the advice from the knowledgable folks at the ranges and stores), they suggest getting "what feels good" and to "try before you buy"...

However, I've called about a 1/2 dozen places and noone seems to have the XD(m) for rent. Originally I was torn between the Glock #23 and the XD(m)40, but after tracking down the closest things (Glock #27 and the XD40 compact with an extended mag), I realized the Glock was just not for me at all (is was really wiley when I shot it, almost dropped it on one occasion). And in comparison I really liked the XD40 Compact' but still would *really* like to rent an XD(m) just to make sure it's what I want.

So that leads me to 2 questsions - anyone know of anyone who rents 40XD(m) in the Denver area where I could try before I buy? And/or would it be a safe assumption that if I liked the XD40 comp when I shot it next to the Glock #23, I would also like the XD(m)40???

Thanks!
Laura

·
Registered
254 Posts
spikagirl> I don't think any ranges in the Denver area are renting the XDm's just yet. If you want we can setup a time to meet up at the Firing Line indoor range in Aurora. That is where I normally practice and am a member there. You can give my XDm a try if you like. It has a trigger job and other goodies to optimize it so it does not shoot exactly like an off the shelf XDm, but it will give you a good overall feel of how the XDm fits your hand and shoots. Just get some 180gr Blazer Brass ammo to use with it and pay the range fee and you can go hog wild with it. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and we can iron out the details.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try the range at Cherry Creek State Park. I was there 3 weeks back and the lady at the counter mentioned that she *thought* they were supposed to get one.

What ranges have you called?

FYI, my GF is really digging the XD9, but we are going to wait for the XDM9 before we decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts