Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that likes the paddle holster that comes with the XD(M)?

I don't care for the belt holsters that came with my XD or EMP but I do like the ones that came with my XD(M)s. The hold the gun close to my side and conceal easily.

Just curious if anyone else liked them.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't have the occasion to use the holster, since I live in Maryland. But I've tried it on and fooled around with it and it seems fine, my only complaint with it is that it seems to mar the finish on my black gun. I got to wondering if I could loosen up the nut a bit and line the inside with a very thin adhesive fabric of some sort.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I LOVE it, even though I don't use it as my EDC. That honor goes to the CBST..but my XDM Gear holster is used every day. I mounted it to the side of my bed and it's where my XDM sleeps. I was most impressed that this holster accepts the Crimson Trace.

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
I don't wear mine because I have the MTAC IWB. However, I use the XDm gearholster all the time. It’s in that holster when in the center console if I'm driving and don't want it IWB and it's in the holster when I put it in the bedside safe at night.

I have also seen several people on here say it wrecks the finish on the gun. I don't believe that. It might rub off onto the gun but I don't see how a plastic holster is ruining a melonite finish, impossible really isn't it?

I assume if marks are made on the gun because of sliding it in and out of the holster, a little gun oil will remove it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah plastic can't mess up the gun. although, i agree it does kinda wear on it (although even my leather holster does too, so). but like you said, quick cleaning and its as good as new.

i use it for quick carry situations and will be mounting it in my new pickup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts