Springfield XD Forum banner

XD (m) in .357

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Fullclip 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard if SA will come out with a XD (m) in .357 sig with a 3.8 BBL ?? JR

#3 ·
there's a new XDm coming out and though I would hope it would be in .357sig, it more then likely will be a single stack in 9 or 45 or possibly a .380.....but I can still hope :)

#8 ·
The 357SIG conversion barrels available for most 40SW pistols is what initially kept the 357SIG growing in popularity and ammunition choices. Although used as assigned caliber by a few agencies, civilian use was low due to limited ammunition bullet style and weights / high ammo prices and sparce distribution (sort of all fits together). Ease and low 'startup' costs for 40SW owners to grab a conversion barrel and go shoot exposed more people to the advantages of the 357SIG. Ammo selection now has readily available commercial choices from 90 to 158gr plus some low volume specialty rounds out past both ends of the mainstream ammo scale. More brands are being loaded and prices as compared to other calibers have actually come down. But the ease of conversion between 40SW and 357SIG for the consumer means less incentive to carry a separate commercial pistol model in the production line or inventory.

Look at this overview CALIBERS -- 357SIG Advocacy for a nice "bullet" point summary of the favorable aspects of 357SIG as a caliber. A good factor for a CC size weapon is that it was designed around a 4" barrel length - not much zip lost at 3.8. For reloaders, check this alternate view of headspacing the 357SIG: www.realguns.com/archives/001.htm

RE the 'new' SA offering: if it is in the XDm series, it will not be a single stack. Anything of that design would be a entirely new pistol series. SA distribution has not yet completely filled the present XDm series of models (4.5, 3.8 ) in all calibers (9mm, 40SW, 45acp) with all grip sizes (full, compact). IMO Just look to what is needed for release to finish the XDm series in 45acp. Legally, import of a 380 will not happen due to the points system.

#9 ·
22lr conversion maybe?

they might do a 357sig to try and get it in the hands of more LEOs. it would be so little work on the engineering end, why not?

a 10mm would get more gun enthusiasts worked up, but I think a 357 sig is more likely.

I think a carbine or select fire version would be more likely than a 380 or another 45GAP.

#12 ·
If 357sig loaded ammo prices would drop, it could be possibility. I like my 357sig a lot. I'm thinking if Wal-mart would sell 357sig ammo then it would catch on. The 45gap is kinda like 38/357 to close in performance for those that are entrenched.

Would like to see a single stack 45 for carry. A XDc-45 ultra-carry, perhaps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.