Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well don't know what the fck happened there ^??? Tried to delete but couldn't find the option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why no .45acp?
That's a huge mistake.
A 10mm would be a hoot as well.
A 45acp version would be pretty sweet. But it’s all meaningless to me since I’m stuck in CA...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm really having trouble finding a holster! SA says XDm holsters will not work due to the ambi controls.

Thank you for contacting Springfield Armory. The XDM Elite will not work with the standard XDM holsters due to the ambi slide stop on the elite. The XDM magazines will not work in the XDM Elite models.
At this time we have not been given a specific holster that will work the XDM Elite models. I do know that Crossbreed is currently work on a holster for them though.
Tried contacting Blackhawk, no response.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Crossbreed does have them listed on their 'site.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It is a newer gun with newer controls, but isn't this basically what I carry everyday.....XD Mod 2 subcompact with the extended grip that gives me 16+1? or with the flush grip that provides 13+1?The trigger is probably better. The barrel is probably better.

But wouldn't the size be just about the same?

Joe

·
Registered
297 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that a few months ago all XDM's in 9mm disappeared from SA website? The XDM Elites are on the site but not XDM 9mm's. With the addition of the XDM Elite 3.8 in 9mm it seems like SA is trying to replace the XDM with the XDM Elite as their premium level offering in the XD line while phasing out the XDM. If this assessment is true it kind of makes sense. Nearly everyone who bought an XDM either paid for or wished they had all of the upgrades that eventually came out on the Elites.
The only now-traditional XDM’s SA is selling are the .45 acp and the 10MM, both in the 4.5, OSP, and 5.25 versions. Definitely seems planned that way.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
For holsters, check Black Arch Holsters..... was very happy with the one I got for my XDMc, and they will probably have the Elite ready soon if not already done.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I ask Springfield Armory about XDm mags in the Elite and this is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Springfield Armory. No, the XDM magazines do not fit the XDM Elite due to the magazine well."

So, I'm assuming, the XDm Elite mags will not fit the XDm. :unsure:
What they didn’t tell you was, remove the mag well and your older mags fit perfectly. And the Elite mags fit your older XDMs, perfectly, as well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm really having trouble finding a holster! SA says XDm holsters will not work due to the ambi controls.

Tried contacting Blackhawk, no response.
My 3.8 Elite fits my Vedder holster just fine. It also fits my Remora and Sherpa holsters. My OSP Elite will also fit my Remoras, but the elevated rear sight sticks out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, they no longer make the old standard XDM 3.8 compact.

Glad they brought it back in this form. The traditional "compact" double-stacks are kind of dinosaurs, but there is still definitely utility in having a compact and full size that are magazine- and parts-compatible.
I still have a love my XDm 3.8 compact 40 cal. It's 90 % of the time my EDC.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I still have a love my XDm 3.8 compact 40 cal. It's 90 % of the time my EDC.
Know what you mean. The ability to use full sized 40SW magazines with the extended grip sleeve installed, is also very nice. Some holsters do not seem friendly to the ambi slide stop on the new Elite. Right now, I'm looking for a decent shoulder holster with magazine storage for an XDm 3.8 compact 40SW.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Some holsters do not seem friendly to the ambi slide stop on the new Elite. Right now, I'm looking for a decent shoulder holster with magazine storage for an XDm 3.8 compact 40SW.
For XDm 40 3.8 compact I had been using Alien Gear 4.0 IWB. For the elite one, which holsters don't work? Is there a list? Have you checked out Vedder holster?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts